Hendrix blues

I just played a copy of Jimi Hendrix greatest hits and I had forgotten how much I like Hendrix. I'm normally a jazz fan. What caught my ear most were the cuts which were more "bluesey" like "Hey Joe" and "Red House". Can anyone suggest a Hendrix album which is more, or all blues?
gboren
Zaikesman,

I contacted Greg Kot (rock reviewer for Chicago Tribune and Rolling Stone) and asked about the Hendrix-Buddy Guy connection. He did not know if Jimi actually played with Buddy or not (I'm still trying to find the source of this), but did say that Jimi attended Buddy Guy's live sessions and picked up some of his technique directly.

This is what Greg told me (nothing new, really): "Buddy Guy's live performances in the early and mid '60s are legendary for how they advanced the sound and technique of electric guitar playing, and Hendrix witnessed a few of those and incorporated Guy's innovations into his own playing."
Do you have any recommendations for electric BG stuff of that era to check out?
There is actually a CD out by the name of Hendrix Blues, don't remember the lable right off. Just took it with me on a road trip and it's a pretty kool disc. I also have a cassette i got a loooong time ago that has over 45 minutes of different live renditions of Red House.
Just noticed all the Buddy Guy Hendrix refs above. Check out Jimmy Thackery. I've seen him do the Hendrix thing live and it was amazing. WHen Thackery is on he cooks ole Buddy