LFD Integrated - Please talk me out of buying one

Have a bit of "upgrade-itis". I presently have Luxman L-550ax integrated; have been using and enjoying for a couple of years. I've been intrigued by LFD - such a simple thing - for a while now. I'm an ex tube guy (which is why I bought the Luxman 20W class A amp). I'd pair the LFD with my Sonus Faber Electa Amator II's, Chord Qute EX DAC and - sorry - Spotify 320k into the Chord for the most part.

Anyone on the forum use LFD integrated? Thoughts as to sideways move? Just thinking out loud for now. Probably would get the new LFD Zero LE Mk5.

Thanks guys - I do appreciate your thoughts.
128x128steveashe
"07-29-14: Steveashe
No I haven't. I'd love to find an LFD dealer in NYC or on Long Island, I doubt there is one. Purchasing an LFD would be an act of faith, as so many of my audio purchases have been without brick and mortar stores easily accessible any more."

Sound By Singer is a dealer.
I found the LFD MK III to have too much high frequency energy with my system and speakers vs a Croft integrated or Pass X30.5.

It wasn't bright per se but it did have a tilt to the high frequencies which I found fatiguing. If I purchased Harbeths I would try and audition it again.
Save some money and look for a Sonneteer Orton. Many claim it has "tube like" qualities. It appears well made and it might even sound better then the over hyped LFD?
Gene Rubin is a US dealer who may be able to do something for you
Check out the website
Another suggestion to give Gene Rubin a call. He is very easy and friendly to talk with.