end of an era ......

first howland and now joule has stopped production....
kennesawjet
Rodman, the point was to illustrate that if the business is economically viable, there is no need for it to die out. Every one of the guys mentioned above started out small and grew their business into a larger sustainable enterprise. I'm well aware of the histories of all of the men I named above, and of course who doesn't know that Dan D'Agostino is still churning out products...his face is plastered all over the audio landscape pitching his products.
mitch, bob carver don't own his name anymore, I think that's why he uses sunfire under his new product....his wife won that in the law suit.....when she got the company
Bob Carver is currently running a company called Bobcarver.com or Bobcarvercorp.com. Bob Carver has 9 lives (audio). Sun fire is long dead.
Everything in hi-end audio is dying. The rate of decay varies depending on how the outfit you are citing is set up and what kind of products it sells. No matter how you slice it though, the tree is dead. If it continues at all beyond my lifetime, it will be a mostly DIY niche with a few guys like Vinnie Rossi left standing. The crazy pricing will subside as well. For the most part rich guys only want that stuff because they can afford it and you can't. As we die off, so will the allure that feeds the rich guy ego now.

And let's not forget the bigger picture --- the last economic meltdown was just a preview. The next one will surely result in devastating inflation. We are headed for the Middle Ages.
"We are headed for the Middle Ages."

I saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail...not that!!!!!