H.T. Processor witch is better in sound...

Anthem avm 50v or Cary cinema 12 in 7.1 Home theater
sebastiensavoie
Cary does not use ARC (all caps) which is an Anthem trademark. It does have some proprietary room correction about which there is little enthusiasm.

In that price range, you might also look at the Krell Foundation.
Krell Foundation have lots of option and 10 HDMI input and 2 outputs. What I've been reading about it,you almost need the dealer for set up it is complicated and there no dealer around etc...So the battle would be with Anthem that got a lot of bell and whistle and Classe SSP that got the best sound on the reviews.I will do some searching during the year.

If anyone have more info about HT Processor it would be appriciate.
Kal,

Are you sure Anthem has a trademark on ARC? As in Atlantic Richfield Corp as well as acoustic room correction that seems unlikely. Perhaps I haven't noticed the tm declaration next to ARC when used by Anthem. I innocently used ARC as an abbreviation for acoustic room correction, and had not intended to trespass on a trademark if such exists.

I had the impression that acoustic room correction was a feature of the chip Cary used rather than Cary's proprietary technology. Shortly after the 11a hit the market, the AVS owner's thread was filled with complaints about bogus readings from the technology. I bought my 11a at great discount after the bugs were known.

db
I checked the Anthem web site and failed to see a trademark symbol in connection with the description of Anthem Room Correction (ARC).

db
If you can live without HDMI switching, Lexicon MC12 can be had pretty cheap these days. Will sound much better than Krell IMO. I have used few processors in the last many years. My top ones are Proceed, lexicon MC12, EAD signature. Krell sounds very cod!!