Sloped baffle

Some great speakers have it, some don't. Is it an important feature?
psag
Psag ... so you say the device is inserted in between the pre amp/linestage and amp?? Well here's a little quandary I may have.

My ARC REf 5 SE linestage has to see a combined impedance of not less than 20K ohms. As currently configured, the Ref 5 sees 300K ohms off Main 1 - imput imp. of amp and 337K ohms off Main 2 - imput imp. of custom made subwoofer/impedance buffer/channel summing gizmo. The combined impedance is about 157K ohms. Well north of 20K ohms.

Any idea what the DEQX input impedance is. As you can see .. kinda important.

Thnx
Bruce, all of the DEQX models are indicated at their website as having 50K input impedances, for their balanced and unbalanced analog inputs.

Best,
-- Al
Holm Acoustics also offers a similar product but it's more expensive. Without the preamp feature, there's miniDSP, Ground Sound modules and what I consider the best of the 'pro' units, Xilica, which is also used on the top-of-the-line Legacy speakers. Almost forgot the McIntosh MEN220.

You still gotta know what you're doin', so they're really no easier to use than designing a passive system.
Thanks Al ... caught that stat after I read your post. Didn't do the math, but I think that the DEQX would likely present an ok input impedance for my linestage even with the impedance buffer (330K ohms). Something north of 30K ohms if my "Jethro Bodeine double knot head cyphering" is right.

Still very fuzzy about this whole phase coherence conundrum. And even if its real, whether inserting the DEQX device in my signal path will hurt more than it helps.

The real problem is that there are so few B&M stores around, especially those that carry the gear in which I am interested, its hard to do serious listening and make rational decisions. Maybe an audio show??

I hate this hobby.
Al, You are welcome. The U.S. distributor, based in Colorado, knows the DEQX unit inside and out, so service is absolutely not an issue.
Bifwynne, the input impedance is 30-40 K and the output impedance is about 100 ohm on each signal line. My line stage is also ARC (Reference 10). I have paired subwoofers in my system that receive signal from the DEQX. The only output from the ARC is directly to the DEQX. The DEQX handles everything after that.
Every once in a while I take the DEXQ out of the system to reassure myself that its truly transparent when in bypass mode, most recently last week. To my ears, despite the extra A/D and D/A conversion (analog source) it is transparent.