Stereo Times Review of the Apogee Acoustics Diva

Hi folks, I found this excellent review of the Apogee Diva by Christiaan Punter for Stereotimes. Christian compares new and refurbed Duettas & also provides pics of the crossovers as well as setup advice. Highly recommended if you're an Apogee fan!
melbguy1
Nice...very nice. Yes, I have heard excellent things about the Masterpiece series.

I run the Gryphon Colosseum into my Wilson X1s (modd'd a bit). Zanden 4-box digital front-end and CJ GAT pre. Velodyne DD18 sub in parallel. Transp RefMM/XL (MM2) cables. All 16 components are each in their own 'isolation sandwich'...even the Transparent network boxes...each one a bit different...but mainly made of Stillpoints Ultra 5s, HRS M3X/Nimbus Couplers and Artesania, HRS, solid brass weight on top (upwards of 150lbs).
Ptmconsulting,

I also have a pair of Apogee DS which I have totally replaced all Xover components by latest audiophile grade components. This was an astonishing upgrade in sound quality, but still had the Apogee buzz on low frequency content when played relatively loud.

About a year ago, I had the ribbons replaced by Rich Murry of True Sound Works. No buzz, improved sound again with new ribbons. I told my wife I want to be burried with my DS when I decease :-). The are keepers for life!
Lloyd, congrats, you have a unique and super nice system. I think i've seen it before on a forum possibly. The Colosseum is a lovely sounding amp apparently, as is the Zanden components, and you have the full stack! Roysen sold a 4 box set earlier this year on the 'Gon. I would be interested to see how the new/revised Vitus SCD-025 with DSD would compare to the full Zanden stack when it is released next month? That will most likely be my next cd player.

I agree excellent isolation, attention to your AC power & grounding are very important. I use extensive Stillpoints Ultra 5's, Ultra Bases, Ultra LPI's & a few Ultra Mini's in my system. And on the AC power side, I use a Furutech GTX-D (G) wpo, Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo conditioner & Jorma Prime pc's. The Gigawatt provides 3 independent filtering branches optimized for digital, analogue and high current applications & also provides a true equipotential grounding. – not virtual.
@Dasign, congrats on your restored Duetta Sigs! Now that they've had a full resto incl: Graz ribbons, how would you rate your Sigs up against the TSW Diva Ultimates? Am with you on the Estate instructions!
Very nice, Melbguy1!

I have the Tripoint Troy Signature and also use Entreq grounding...as well as Entreq AC wraps. Great stuff!!!

Now...
...about that Gigawatt of yours. I was most intrigued to read about it this morning (completely by coincidence).

what have you compared it with? I use the Transparent Ref Powerisolator 8. It is good, has 8 outlets so it works for me...but I know how important power is...so most curious.

BTW, if you ever decide to go for Zanden, it benefits from a LOT of isolation, NOS tubes, EAT tubes dampers and AC wraps around their cables...but it is a different, purer, stronger, more solid (particularly in bass) and yet still 100% Zanden voice. If you ever decide you want to listen, let me know...it sounds quite 'pretty' without the isolation on each of the 4 boxes, powerful rectifier tubes (Mullards) in the PSU and the noise floor drops with the AC wraps and EAT tube dampers.

Thanks for any advice on your Gigawatt and how it compares to other things you've heard/auditioned!