AMG V12 vs SME 20/12

Any thoughts or any one lucky enough to hear both?

Thanks in advance
royaloak
I've heard the SME 20/12, 30/12 and used to own a 20/2. I also recently heard a AMG V12. So none of these were in the same systems so I can't draw any conclusions for you...

I will say each of them make beautiful music. At the top end, I am not sure you can really beat a 30/12...In the price range of the 20/12 and AMG V12, the Grand Prix Audio Monaco with a Triplanar arm (or other arm of your choice) is something to consider possibly...

One thing about SME is they've been around for years and a very stable company...

I am proponent of spending as much on the table/arm as you can...

What's the rest of your system?
I currently have a Brinkmann Bardo (all options)/ 10.5 arm/ Per Winfield used with a Bryston BP26/BP1.5/14BSST2 and Focal Utopia Scala's. I'm happy with it just getting bored.
Honestly, I'd be reluctant to sell your TT...you seem to have a pretty great set up...

What cables and power conditioning? Any isolation racks/shelfs/footers?

I've heard the higher Grand Utopia EM...so I know your speakers are very good...

Depending on your cables/conditioning/isolation I might suggest electronics next...maybe try a tube phono stage or preamp...
Nothing too too high-end cable wise, I have a solid tech stand with the top HRS platform for the table. My 14B goes straight to the wall the rest Through a big Bryston /Torus BIT conditioner.
I'm with Jfrech. Try auditioning a tube phono stage or preamp at home. Either would give you a new window into your system; and you could always roll tubes to alleviate future boredom. I use a VAC pre-amp with my Bryston amps and like the synergy. I also have a Brinkmann DD, an Oasis.