Record cleaning fluids

I've read a lot of posts asking about best or preferred fluids.

Through basic use and cleaning I think I've come up with some helpful information to pass on to others.

I use a VPI 1 hw17 cleaner. With this I've used the Vpi fluid , a gallon jug. I then tried RRL, which I believe is MOFI now. I usually use 75/25 of their regular and deep cleaning type. I've been using this for a couple of years.

Running low on RRL, I decided to try something else and ended up with LeArtDuSon, concentrated fluid. I mixed the bottle with a gallon of distilled water.

I set up this cup contraction which spent fluid goes into one of those plastic take out containers. After 1 month of use with the LeArtDuSon, I noticed the spent fluid was dirtier, an amber almost beer like color, whereas before with RRL and VPI fluids, it was usually clear.

I can only surmise, the LeArtDuSon is cleaning more from the record surface, therefore is a better cleaner than the RRL and Vpi fluids
128x128justlisten
I've seen Holly's DIY RCM and it's really pretty cool. I was
very impressed.

I have been planning on trying the AIVS #6 solution, once all
of my L'Art Du Son is gone. Might be awhile...
I use Walker 4 steps for 3 years now with a Keith Monks. Very good but so boring...
I just tried the Discovery cleaning fluid and think it works as a charm. Very good at cleaning dirty records. Used with a distilled water rinse I think it very very near the Walker.
I consulted a biochemist friend, and he suggested a good lab detergent. Fisher Scientific has a lab detergent especially formulated for plastics, VersaClean.

With my VPI, I used a mixture in the range suggested, plus alcohol to 10%. Since there are a hundred ways to denature alcohol, I used a pure Vodka - there is only one way to make pure Vodka - with ethanol and a charcoal filter. That, plus a distilled water/Vodka rinse served me well, until -

I tried ultrasonic cleaning. I use an Elmasonic from Germany, sourced from, you guessed it, Fisher Scientific. Now I use VersaClean and distilled water, no alcohol. The results are dramatically superior to the VPI - though at a significantly greater capital cost.
AIVS #6 here too. I rinse with distilled water, but I can't give a great reason why. I checked with Jim, and he was sort of like yeah why not, but I have his blessing.