DSPeaker Anti Mode 2.0 evaluation

I have read all of the glowing reviews of this product and I just don't understand why I am not impressed. I have been lucky to find a very kind dealer to allow me to try one the DSPeaker Anti Mode 2.0 units.
I have 2 JL Audio F113 subwoofers that I have set up in stereo and are based on their own microphones measurement calibration.

So, with those sub settings and then switching out the LF Filter, I then used the DSPeaker unit to eq just my JL subs. That is, I tested the unit by playing my Andra 2 speakers full range via my Pass Labs Preamp and Amp and with the other Preamp outputs I plugged in the DSPeaker in and then the JL subs are plugged into the DSPeaker.

I ran the DSPeaker calibration. I used the DSPeaker in and out of the flow by using its bypass button and I really couldn’t tell much of any improvement. In fact I believe I like the bypass sound better.

Why is this? All of the glowing reviews and it is only marginal different if at all.

Now, there is an update for the DSPeaker in June 2013 but my Norton Virus control will not allow the download. Perhaps, if I was able to download that update it would be better, but I doubt it.

So, before I end my trial of the unit, is my configuration flawed , what do you guys think?
128x128ozzy
Ozzy - how do you have the Dspeaker hooked up as an EQ unit for the subs? I'm strongly considering buying either the Dual Core 2.0 or at least the Anti-mode 8033 for use with my system which currently has a single Rel sub, but might see a second sub in the near future.
Ozzy, that's great; you have taken half the step toward demonstrating the Pass preamp to be preferable to the pre function of the DSPeaker. How about trying this combo: DSPeaker acting as preamp to the Bryston BDA-2 DAC (bypassing the SDPeaker's DAC, if you can). That could be interesting, too if you can run it that way and would be closer to an apples to apples comparison as regards preamp.

So, you're concluding the new model has changed your opinion of the efficacy of the DSPeaker for the bass? If so, congratulations on your improvement.

I still think it would be interesting to see what the result would be to use the Pass pre with the DSPeaker for the bass and bypass the QOL, just to see what the result would be. You may not perfer it, but may as well try since you have the gear on hand. Every experiment gains one a bit more experience and can yield surprising result. On the positive side, if you do so and don't care for it, you've reaffirmed that QOL is your gotta have baby.
The best way to use the DSPeaker in my system is to place it after the BSG QOL unit utilizing one of the OOL 2 outputs. The first output goes to my main Pass Labs Amp. And the other QOL output goes to the input of the DSPeaker and the output of the DSPeaker to my JL Audio F113 subs.

I calibrated the system by setting the DSPeaker to 2.0 and running a Toslink cable into my Dac.
This way only the JL Audio subs are calibrated to fit in nicely with my main speakers.
Ozzy-

I have never used the QOL but I should point out that, hooked up as you have it, the AM 2.0 will introduce a latency (delay)into the subs and that is likely to screw up some of the vaunted phase corrections of the QOL.
Kr4, Thanks for the reply. The Qol has 2 Balanced outputs. Only the sub information is coming out of the DSPeaker analog XLR output. The QOL output is still sending the same signal to the Pass Amp.
It sounds really good to me, the best bass i have heard, but I am always willing to experiment.
Please advise.