Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
I was selling audio when Magnavox introduced the FD-1000. I believe it was the worlds first CD Player...Don't remember the year... Maybe 1981. There were 3 cd's available at first. It is true, manufactures have to have a way to make a living before anything takes off, but believe me brother, computer audio is taking roots... nothing like 3 cd's available. I use PC and am absolulely fine with it, but it has been stated quite well above, go with MAC for now, no driver issues at all, you won't need to deal with a Wasapi, ASIO or KS patch.
I guarantee that within a few years, you will see computers that are made to be used as a server, Highly efficient processors, with big ram and big storage, operating systems made to use minimal resources, with the best digital outs available, all standard equipment. I get your issues, just seems a bit overboard. Changes are coming, just hold on. Tim
OK, get this, I come on here and say that I have no anti virus... I do a microsoft windows update and what do i get? Microsoft Security Essentials.... I don't know whether to say LOL or isn't that a kick in the teeth.
Of course I don't have to use it, but I found it pretty amusing after these post. Tim
I think I finally get it - this guy is just slightly confused, he thinks that Computer Audio is a person...
Not confused Hfisher3380. Just tired of exchanging endless
barbs accomplishing nothing. I still believe that Computer
Audio has a huge potential. I also know that it is still a
diamond in the rough, even those who support it have to
admit as much. I believe that it needs more exposure to
competition in the Audio Market to mature. To share the Audio Market in order to adapt to it. Once you see a huge
increase in Music Selection in High Rez. Downloads, then the question of making Computer Audio the Alpha Audio Format can be raised. Getting there, but still not ready!
Computer Audio still needs to deliver the goods (Music
Selection) to sell itself. Too many fly by night Audio
Formats, here today, gone tomorrow. A little skitishness,
and "show me the goods first" is normal in this Market.
Petty,

In computer audio, it is not a big deal to convert formats if needed. A program to do it is all that is needed. ITs not rocket science. That is one reason there are many formats. Some are redundant but some are not and suit specific applications best. For comparison, it is much harder to convert a record into a CD or vice versa. The days of everyone consuming the same flavor of product are over. Take coffee for example. USed to be Folgers and Maxwell House mostly. Now look. Sorry, but thems the facts. Just saying.....

Even with records, there were 78s, then 331/3 and 45s. Not a single format. Making a record player play different formats was much harder but it still happened basically because there was a market for it.

Maybe if the USSR were still around there would be a single format there. How about in China? Or North Korea?