Do you demag or destat your CDs/DVDS?

Just curious about these CD tweaks. The Furutech destat machine is tempting at around $350--I like their products. What is the story behind Furutech's discontinuation of their RD2 disc demagnetizing station? I see it was taken up by Acoustic Revive as the RD3, a supposedly improved version. Did it not prove effective by Furutech's standards, or did they let it go in favor of their much more expensive demagnetizer for vinyl and CD? Just wondering if the RD3 does work to improve sound. There isn't much mention of it in the past few years.
128x128jafreeman
There is a lot of science to support the idea that your assumption that it works will allow you to convince yourself that it works. Call it placebo or something else. There comes a point where it is no longer possible to hear the difference even if it were there. There is a lot of scientifically measurable aspects of audio equipment that cannot be heard by the listener. I highly doubt this effect has ever been measured and likely is undetectable.
07-10-14: Mceljo
LOL, says the guy with almost half of his system page made up of name brand cables and tweaks. Curious, where did you learn about Blue Jeans cables, the Nordost Sort Kone AC, and the APC H15? Do the items in your system really make a difference or do you just imagine in your head they make a difference? Maybe you just think they make a difference, a placebo at best.

Mceljo (System)
Pioneer PD-D6-J pic

** Nordost Sort Kone AC pic

** Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 pic

Yaqin MC-30L pic

** Blue Jeans Cable Belden 5000 Series 10 AWG 5T00UP Speaker cable pic

Focal Chorus 836v pic
Integra DTR-50.1 pic
Martin Logan Dynomo 700 pic
Integra CDC-3.4 pic
Onkyo UP-A1 pic

** APC H15 pic

** Blue Jeans Cable Belden 1694A (Coaxial) pic

** DIY 16 PR Cat5 Speaker Cable pic

Sony BDP-S5100 CD Player pic

>>>>>
07-10-14: Mceljo
Jea48 - Here's a little order of magnitude experiment for you to do. Find a way to isolate a CD player from your system such that you have no physical connection with it from your listening position. Then have someone pick the CD player up and move it around while you're listening and see if you can tell when the CD player is stationary and when it is being moved. Obviously, the goal isn't to make the CD player skip or identify connection issues from the cables being moved. You should use a long digital connection to isolate the disk to laser interface from the A/D conversion. If you listen for a reasonable period of time and have no way of telling if the person is in control of the CD player has "left the building" or not you will not be able to tell the difference if you're being completely honest with yourself. You must be able to tell when the CD player is picked up and set back down. Take note of the times and compare your notes after the fact with the other person.

Moving the CD player around will, in my opinion, have a much more significant effect on playback than the magnetic ink on the disk will have. If you can't hear the more significant one, then you cannot hear the less significant one.
Mceljo
How about you stand on your head and have someone spin you around as they install cheapo Walmart cables in place of your Blue Jeans cables. Post back your listening results if you can hear any difference one way or the other.
You are as ignorant as Czarivey concerning the subject matter at hand.
If you think hard enough that you won't hear something's because it seems preposterous you won't hear it. It's the reverse expectation bias in full bloom. You psyched yourself out. Lol
Maybe a dumb question but, Wouldnt a Milty Zero-Stat Gun have the same effect for alot less money ?
I'm not ignorant. I fight foolishness and sometimes with humor(or laughs with anger and somewhat courage), because same money fool pays for bogus or fake can be much more useful elsewhere real. Even fool can feel difference between $350 disk demagnetizer and $350 pair of shoes after all(or $350 is too much for shoes huh?).

It's alway's one's call weather one realizes or not who to support -- the bogus factory(ies) or as per example above shoe designers.
I have compared $7 hardware store speaker cable to a pair of $2,000 Nordost, I think, on a very nice system. I did hear a tiny difference that I would say was an improvement, but I didn't think it was worth the extra $1,993 dollars it would take to upgrade. My new $600 tube amplifier made a much more significant improvement than a cable ever could.

If I am ignorant on this topic in your opinion, that's perfectly ok with me. Enjoy listening to your system.