This might just be the end of brick and mortar

stores. Music direct just announced there 60 day return policy.
taters
Zs542. Regarding Music Direct -- they indeed may have changed. You mentioned that you haven't dealt with them for a few years. I've only dealt with them for a few years -- and have never sensed that I was dealing with a high pressure salesperson. That would have turned me off.

OTOH. Based upon the folks that I've dealt with, I can't give an opinion regarding their product/industry knowledge.
I just confirmed with Bess at Music direct that it is indeed a 60 day return privilege and not a 60 day warranty like some of you had said. You have 60 days to review a product and at the end of 60 days if you are not happy with it you can send it back for a full refund. If you send it back you will have to pay for shipping and insurance. The only items excluded are fluids, cartridges and special order Items. He said it is the best return privilege in the audio business.
The guys that work at Audio Advisor remind of guys that work at Best Buy. They are basically retail clerks with no knowledge.
They may not put Audio Connection out of business because he is one of the most knowledgable dealers in the country. Most dealers are not Audio Connection. Most dealers are marginal as it is. Something like Music Direct offering a 60 day trial period could really hurt those marginal dealers. At this point all Music Direct has to do is convince some of the big hitters out there to come aboard and you will see dealers dropping like flies. Don't think it can happen, we'll just look at some of the lines Music Direct carries now. It would of been unheard of 10 years ago. Places like Music Direct are doing big numbers out there and some of these big boys who have recently been acquired by conglomerates are all about the bottom line. Not to get off subject but even a well known company like Ferrari is going to start producing more cars. People said it would never happen. Things are changing in the market place fast and one day you will see companies like Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds carrying a lot more high end brands. These companies have more exposure to the market via their website and mail order catalogues than small specialty retailers.
Bess at MD really knows his analog. I call him every now and then. Nick at Audio Connection really really knows his analog. I buy from Audio Connection if I am looking for something carried by both places, like my latest Dynavector cartridge. For those items not carried by Audio Connection and other local dealers that I like, Bess at Music Direct is it.