Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
06-26-13: Johnsonwu
$14950 a meter. Wonder how many Chinese knock off artists are reading this.

Tara Labs is not immune to fraudulent cables. They have the same problem with fake cables on the market as Cardas, Audioquest, XLO, MIT and many of the other big manufacturers. Buyer beware.
Hi,john is correct!, Taralabs had to put serial numbers on their cables, dateing back a few years ago, my zero gold I/c, and my the one has serial numbers on them, before I took delivery of the zero gold, I authenticated the cable with Taralabs before final payment!, All of my cables are real!, Taralabs are coppied with fake cables out there big time!, as john said, buyers beware, look for the serial numbers on the i/cs and speaker cables!, the a/c power cables, I do not believe they have serial numbers, but their is a way to authenticate the cable, when my cobalt comes tomorrow, Taralabs will tell me on the phone if its genuine!, I have not made them aware of me buying a cobalt yet!, of course they get up-set because they did not make money!,they do not say nothing bad, but you can get the vibe!, LOL! cheers
Bo1972.....I use (and sell) the PAD LE 2013 AC cord and it is one of the best UNTIL you listen to the Pranawire Satori AC cord and it makes the PAD cord sound muted! And the Satori is near the bottom of the Pranawire line, have not even wanted to try their top of the line ($15,000) AC cord. And yes the Satori costs more than the LE cord.

(Dealer disclaimer)
I'm not sure I understand how serial numbers can really stop fakes. If the company making the fakes knows that the serial number on a legitimate interconnect is 27543 and they put that number on their fake, when a customer calls up and says "I have 27543 is it legit?", the answer will be yes right?

I suppose if the numbers are all associated with a registered owner and the subsequent owners all re-register, you could then start to catch fakes or alternatively if you started to see a pattern of the same serial numbers starting to appear on the same models of IC's or Speaker Cables, you'd know you had a problem.

Being active in the watch collecting community, I've seen this occur with watches...over time repeating serial numbers revealed batches of fakes, but it took awhile before it was discovered and I've seen watch manufacturers label a watch as legitimate that was later found out to be fake after it was openened up and more carefully inspected.

Bottom line, it takes more than the printing of a serial number on a product to stop a fake.