Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Love reading your posts on this topic Bo1972. They are very informative and what you are saying is true, thank you. I have recently discovered the difference between 2d and 3d sound from my hi-fi system and it's evolution. I think that a great amp, cables, and speakers helped me achieve this type of holographic presentation. Most others here on this forum will experience the difference for themselves. If they have an ear for music, they will choose components capable of reproducing three dimensional sound everytime!
I hope do give some presentations in the US as well. For me it is very easy to set a much higher level in sound than most other brands can give. Nice to read that people appreciate it. I received personal mails in the last few months from people at Audiogon who bought things were I was talking about I have a very direct way of talking about audio. For some it can be to hard. I want people to open there eyes and ears. With the right advice everyone can get a much higher level for the money they spend.
Great to read that this thread is alive and well.

For those seeking an outstanding power cord (PC), check out Stage III Concepts, offered by Aaudio Imports. It is a real killer!
I recently reviewed the high fidelity cables ct-1. you can read the review on the website audiophilia.com.

if the review is to long go to the conclusion section. perhaps , leave a comment.

the value of the cables under review was $9200.

my editor removed the cost of a digital cable, which is $800.

based upon my review all cable is not hype. moreover, the affect of the cable rivals that of a change in a component.
Interesting review Mr T, however, I will still hold out on the High Fidelity cables due to my experiences with Virtual Dynamics cables. From your description, they sound fairly similar, but what really bothered me about the VD cables was their immediate presentation. They threw a very large, 2 dimensional soundstage, that had no depth at all. I felt like I was immediately transported to the front row of the event, with the band/orchestra playing right in my face. I prefer a more laid back, 3 dimensional soundstage presentation, more like a mid-hall seat.

Don't get me wrong, I would be willing to listen to these cables if someone wants to let me listen to them for free. LOL!!