Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
@Bo1972 : i'm looking forward to see those videos. It's always interesting to see other approach, mostly when it's a cheaper way of approaching audio High-end!
You should offer a kind of training to spread your knowledge to more people! May be i should buy a plane ticket to you...easier from France!
Wenn a client emails his list I often can see which properties his set has. At show I do the same. before listening I describe how the image and sound will be wenn i play one of my cd's. Wenn you think in properties it is a lot easier to understand audio. Wenn I go to a client I Always first ask them to play 4-5 numbers they know well. Wenn it is possible I listen with him behind the hotspot. I get an idea about the image, sound and the way it performs in his acoustic. Then I use a few numbers to improve the individual focus and also the balance of the low freq. in the room. This costs me about 20 min. Then I ask him to play they ame music he strarted with. You can seet he smile on there faces wenn they are listening. Then I say: and this is for free!!
optimization is the heart of High-end audio! In that matter, cables are a major component of the system.
I listened to a system last week. The guy use a REGA Apollon and BRIO R amp on a pair of Usher Audio MINI-ONE. He wires the whole thing with a VDH interconnect, and self-made PCs. For the trial, we used my Analysis plus big silver.
After the first song, i notice a problem : the dynamic flattened the sound stage and a lack of high and low frequencies narrowed the overall presentation.
I asked the guy to switch the VDH for a pair of Analysis plus's Copper oval in. After the change, the depth was back with a greater sense of 3D, highs and bass were also more present with more subtilities. The gap was huge between the 2 cables. And the Analysis is not expensive so not hype at all. The Analysis plus's solo crystal oval is probably one of the most valuable wire on the market for his performance/price ratio. If the system is neutral, the Solo will make it sing with naturalness and a great sense of pace. If the system is unbalanced, it will sound even more unbalanced!
What I said earlier VDH does not make that great cables. He is a funny person, but there are enough brands which outperform his cables with ease. And yess cables have also a big influence on the stage. I sold Nordost for over 9 years. And I did hundreds of teste with them. Wenn I played 100% Valhalla my stage also become less wide and deep. Wenn I had discussions about this with Nordost they Always became quite irritated. It is as it is, it is that simple!!
"Wenn I had discussions about this with Nordost they Always became quite irritated."

I believe you.