Amp for Shahinian Diapasons

Recently upgraded to the Diapason with Double Eagle woofers. Anyone able to suggest a nice amp to match?

After something reasonably priced..my listening levels are not into the stratosphere :)

I was thinking Eastern Electic minimax pre and Belles power, Blue Circle Integrated, EE Minimax pre and Bedini power, AVI Lab integrated...

Any advice greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Richard
enjoy_the_music
I should have warned you about that! (Or asked you!) Depending on how the terminals are hooked up / used, you will get different crossover configurations. In fact I've had mine in one place for so long that I can't remember what the particulars are for the other possibilities. AAMOF, depending on how this particular pair were ordered it would be possible to bypass the crossover entirely if one chose to do so.

BTW, I had mentioned the AVA Ultra 550, not the Ultravalve. The 550 has a bit more umph behind it (!), just what the Diapasons need. Good luck with your new sound! Report in when you've had a chance to hear what it does.
Tonyptony, Sorry about quoting the wrong model number of AVA. You did in fact say the the Ultra 550. I very much appreciate you telling me about this because it had me continually trying to figure out the problem with the CJ amp. When I looked underneath the Diapasons the first time I was completely perplexed. I really didn't understand what was going on and probably still don't. Do you by chance have an owner's manual for these speakers? I can tell you even at this early stage that they are excellent! They are very revealing of cabling in the other parts of your system. I changed the power cord of my preamp today and it made a huge difference.
I honestly don't remember what I got or where it might be now. I suspect it's packed away in the basement somewhere. Best bet is to call Shahinian Acoustics mid-afternoon (Eastern time) and ask for Vasken. I'm sure he can walk you through it.

Or email him at shahinianacoustics@yahoo.com and get the directions in writing. Easier to remember that way.