Will power conditioning really help?

Been reading alot about SB2 etc and how having clean power really makes an impact on sound quality. Can someone go in depth for a newbie and explain why this is so? Do I just need a power conditioner or is there work to be done on the actual oulets and power system? How should I incoporate these benefits in my current system?

Totem Rainamakers
Nad c320bee
Modded SB2

P.S. Due to room constraints and lack of space I do have both my computer system and audio and t.v cable box. What can I do in this situation to improve power?

Thanks everyone.
daimbert
Yes $200 can do something even brand new. For $200 you can buy two Blue Circle BC86Mk3 power pillows. The Mk3 versions have double the filtering of the older models, so they are as good as four of the older power pillows.

Sorry for the sales pitch, but I happen to sell them simply because they work, period. Check other threads.

You can also contact Phil at Sonic Spirits who is your local Blue Circle dealer. Maybe he can let you demo a pair. For $300 can get you the basic BC606 Music Bar which is a power bar with the filtering of 2 of those power pillows.
http://www.sonicspirits.com/
I use a P300 on all of my front end components and I have had many friends come over and do the with and without test. Clearly it makes a huge improvement to have it in the system.
JW94055. Maybe so. But the power supply components in a piece of audio gear are not themselves passive and surely alter the ac significantly (changing it to dc if nothing else) and I believe that most of the power conditioner advocates ignore the function of real world power supplies. I do nothing whatsoever to the power coming into my pc and I can see no adverse effects from that policy. (I never worked for a power company, so you've got me there in terms of real world experience).
Tarsando. Thank you for your respectful response. There are far too many immature exchanges on the internet. Daimbert, please look into an inexpensive power conditioner line,
Tripplite. You won't be able to brag to your audio friends and some may even snicker, but the cost/benefit ratio is fine indeed.
I have used the Audio Magic Mini Stealth AC purifier for a couple years. I ABd with and without it for all my components and it always made a significant improvement. The sound with the purifier was always cleaner, clearer, and just plain purer. It seemed to "strain out grunge". My power cords are all top rated JPS Labs. Even my 3500 dollar Aluminata PC sounded better plugged into the mini stealth. I am a big fan of power purification! The mini stealth or stealth with more duplexes can be purchased on Audiogon used for a fraction of the cost new. I am sure there are other good AC conditioners out there. I do not think you have to spend big bucks, however.