Modwright SWL9.0 SE Tube Rolling

I'm using TungSol 5687 tubes as supplied by Modwright in my SWL9.0SE. They are very linear and extended with deep bass, however they have little midrange bloom.

Has anyone rolled other tubes in the SWL9.0SE? If so, would you please describe their tonal characteristics?
tvad
Hi Dennis,

The first "6" shouldn't be there. It should read Sylvania Gold Brand GB-5687. I have the gold pin versions. I also have a pair of the 5-star GE 5687s, but have not had a chance to try them yet.
Having just listened to the SWL9.0SE with Sylvania GB-5687 and JAN GE 7044 tubes, I can say the Sylvania's have a profoundly positive affect on the musicality of the Modwright preamp in my system. No glare or hardness like I was experiencing with the TungSol 5687, while still maintaining outstanding detail and extension.
I thought the JAN GE 7044 were basically the same as the TungSol 5687. My SWL9.0SE still had hardness and glare in the upper mids with the JAN GE 7044.

Others believe the JAN GE 7044 are better than the TungSol. Associated gear probably plays a role.
tvad, where did you get the sylvanias? I have been unable to find a dealer who has them available. thanks
rudge