DK Design Group vs. Boulder

Has anyone here compared DK amps with Boulder amps? I am currently using the Wilson Watt Puppy 7s with the DK VS-1 Signature with great results but I have been thinking of switching to the Boulder 1050 monoblocks and the 1010 Preamp. Will this be a meaningful upgrade worth the extra costs? Or should I leave well enough alone?
audioari1
Oh- my memory slipped yet again Audioaril - I can't recall what you said the rest of your system was?
Kirk, I don't want to begin a debate here, but I'm really confused by your experience running a preamp into the DK as this is something I was certain was not possible. I downloaded the DK VS1 MK II Reference product manual, and there's no mention anywhere about bypassing the preamp section, nor are there "Pre-In" connectors. It'd be helpful if you could track down which model you heard with the Aesthetix preamp, and provide a link to more info if possible. Thanks.
Actually, Audiofankj, your memory is in fact so clouded that it wasn't even a DK Design Group amplifier you were listening to. You must have mistaken a Musical Fidelity amplifier for the DK, thats probably why you didn't think it souded very good. There is no model of the DK, whether its the Mk. 2, the Mk. 3, or the Signature that allows you to bypass the pre-amp section and not a single one of them has pre-amp inputs.
I didn't inspect the back of the amp... was definately a DK and it was in the "mode" with the two "digital renditions" of an analog meter on the front...

The only thing I can imagine in this case was the guy was running the preamp into one of the inputs? Which doesn't make much sense.

Tried calling this morning and no answer... will post once I speak with him and learn the configuration.

To be honest, the configuaration may not be correct - however it was a DK, with an Aesthetix preamp... sorry it isn't any easier for you Audioaril - how about that system of yours???
Thanks for checking, Kirk. Something doesn't add up. No fingers being pointed. Just curious for the answer.