Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
I'm curious what to listen for when the tubes are showing their age and need replaced. I'm trying to get the most out of my tubes because they are rare NOS and expensive.
Sherod (Threads | Answers)
One indicator is buzz and/or hum that was not present before.

Another is loss of high end extension, but this is difficult to detect over the long term because it begins the moment the tubes are installed.

The best way to know is to test them with a tube tester. At the price of NOS CCa tubes, a tube tester like a B&K 606 is a small investment.
I have been contemplating getting a decent tube tester. Maybe I'll start looking for a good used one. Thanks.
A review of the new TP 2.2 preamplifier has been published at Positive Feedback Online. Here is the link:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue49/tp2.htm

The review is very favorable. Here is the thesis of it.

"I've not come across a product that challenges my notion of what one is paying for, and what one is paying extra for. And let me cut to the chase: this may be the best value in all of high-end audio."

Ryan Coleman is the reviewer.
I had the privilege of beta testing a new product from Audio Horizons a while back. It is the RTS coupler which has just been listed on A’gon last Sunday.

As a long time user of Audio Horizons products (2.0 preamp upgraded to 2.2 and 3.0 DAC upgraded to 3.1) I have always been so impressed with what Joseph and Victor have created. Of course we all know that their customer service is second to none.

I would encourage all of you to go to the ad for the RTS coupler and check it out. I won’t reiterate my comments about the product here as they are clearly elucidated in the ad. IMO, it is an amazing product that warrants an audition. I know that I could not be without it (actually I have several in the system).
Sherod
I put in my CCa's about the same time you did, turn the preamp off when not using and have it on about 6 hours per day and the cca's still test very well on my tester and best I can tell no degrading of the sound. I picked up a B&K Model 606 tester for about $100 on ebay in excellent condition at the time I got the cca's and find it perfect for my purposes and easy to use. Hope this helps
Joe