Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Sherod i feel your pain. My buddy has a tester and it proved i had the same feelings as you with the degeneration of sound in my system, 4 shot very expensive CCA tubes. The Siemans CCAs are getting so darn expensive that i'm going to try something different. I have a pair of Telefunken PCC 88 7DJ8s and a pair of VALVO Hamburg PCC88 7DJ8s on the way. Its really getting hard to find 60s CCAs anymore for a price thats anywhere near reasonable. The Russian rockets do please the ears but cant approach what CCAs deliver IMO. Have you are anyone else tried any other tubes that can be recommenced with AH preamps. My AH preamp is the first tubed piece of gear in over 40 years in the hobby and tube use and differences were the reason i resisted. It seems that one triode gets worked out hard in our favorite preamp does that seem about right or is it the design.
Due to the poor economy, I believe, you can now find a good pair of NOS Siemens Cca for $150-$200. Still expensive, but better than the $300-$400/pr. from not too long ago. I have been reading that the new Gold Lion E88cc/6922 might be a good new tube to try out. They are selling for about $45.00/pair.Here's an example from an Ebay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GENALEX-Gold-Lion-6922-E88CC-Gold-Pin-Tube-New-/160457178638?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item255bfe3e0e

Thanks Sherod for the link would like to hear from those who have tried Gold Lions out. On the CCAs maybe late 70s and 80s versions for 150 to 200 bucks. And in my case those issues of the tube are no way as good as early 70s and 60s versions the Rockets beat them. Please let me know if you have a source for 60s and early 70 for that price.
Keep your eyes open for a few German dealers on Ebay. Occasionally they come up with some nice Cca tubes for a great deal. The ones to look for are the early 60's with grey plates. I just got in a pair from one dealer for $150.00(1960 dates) and another pair for $199.00(1962) The later 70's with the silver plate aren't as good, but for locations 2 and 4 in the AH preamp, they work well for me( especially the A-frame model). Also, remember that the stock tubes that Joseph puts in the pre are the EH 6922. Maybe you should pop those in again for a listen. (o: