Personal amp evolution

Seeing the over night success of the speaker evolution thread, it may be interesting to see what type of amp(s) we have all run. Same deal as the other thread-we will sort of create a puzzle of our systems you'll have to visit multiple threads to put everything together!!! ;)
For me I started:
Adcom GFA-565 monoblocks
Rotel RB-990bx
Jeff Rowland Design Group Model 5
Balanced Audio Technology(BAT) VK-60

either a CAT JL2, BAT VK-75se or Tenor 75Wp on the horizon.
tireguy
I started reading Stereophile back in the late 80s, when I couldn't afford the good stuff. My first amp was an Adcom GFA-545, followed by a Parasound HCA-800. Next was a B&K ST-202. Lastly, I'm enjoying a Bedini 150 MkII I recently aquired off ebay for $350. I'm pairing it with an old Lazarus Cascade Basic preamp and love the combo! I still can't afford the good stuff, but ebay makes it easier to afford the used stuff.
Like many people here I started reading about high end audio gear before ever owning any. My uncle subscribed to Stereo Times, Stereo Review, and Audiophile and passed them to me when I was 14....and I devoured these magazines and dreampt of owning hi end gear one day.

My parents gave me a Fischer receiver from the late 1960s as a teen, and I recall it sounding amazing (Fischer?!?) Since that was over 20 years ago...I can't accurately remember how it compared to newer gear...but I'll never forget it. It was so clear. But I only thought of Fischer as cheap gear, and I eventually sold it real cheap. Now I don't care about anything regarding audio gear except how it sounds to me. Period.

I remember reading rave reviews of the Yamaha M-80 Power Amp as a teen and bought one in my early 20s. Coupled with a HK preamp, it was very nice at the time, but it didn't live up to its rave reviews....or that old Fischer.

At 25 I bought an entire used system that blew me away. It included a B&K ST 2020 power amp with a Conrad Johnson PV 8 preamp (with B&W speakers, Klipsch dual 15" powered sub, and other treats). I consider that to be my first 'good' stereo system. That was the first time I heard soundstaging in my home. I kept that setup for a few years, needed money, and sold the BK and CJ....and listened to garbage for years. I eventually forgot the MAGIC that a good stereo adds to LIFE.

In 2006 I got a bonus at work on a whim one Saturday I bought a Musical Fidelity A3 integrated amp. I WAS VERY PLEASED. The magic was back, in a big way. I could live with that litle amp now and be very happy if I had to.

I liked it so much I traded it for an A3cr power amp (which I like just as much as my friend's Nu-Vista integrated) and ran it with no preamp. I bought a Jolida JD 700 tube cd player (it does play dvds too which I know is audiophile blasphemy, but I prefered it to the JD 100, and I trust what I HEAR now). The JD 700 has a volume control, and it sounded so good to me (utterly transparent) that I thought using any preamp would be a step backward. I tried a older CJs and Classe', but preferred no preamp. It's that nice.

Three weeks ago I got another bonus at work and decided to get a preamp, thinking that even if the system didn't improve, it was practical. After debating it, (I considered selling the MF and buying a nice $2,000 integrated, either a Jolida tube or whatever) I bought the Jolida Fusion preamp which just came out. It's simply a superb combination. I couldn't be happier. The only change I can forsee making in amps anytime soon is getting another A3cr and bi-amping it.

I apologize for rambling, but this was a fun trip down memory lane!
I started with a 25 watt Sansui in 1973 then a Fisher 100 watt reciever,SAE,Nakamichi 600 then Carver dual cubes and finally my favourite PS Audio 200c great power and build.
Asterisk for "why did I sell it"
These only make sense in the context of what speakers I had at the time.
Dyna ST 35
Dyna Pas 3 and MK III s *
Dyna Pat 4 and ST 120 (Big mistake)
Sherwood integrated
Hafler 101 and 110 into DH 200 with mods
Flame Linear 400 (another mistake)
NAD 1020*
YBA Integre DT *
Meridian amp ? model
Krell 7B and KS 80 (to drive 'stats)
Threshold
Pass Kit
Audio Note 300B
Audioquest EL34 *
Conrad Johnson PV 11 with whatever 60 watt amp they were making
Jeff Rowland Concentra 2 *
Saunders MK 1 (to drive another 'stat)*
Tact S2150
Leben CS 300*
Marantz receiver mid '70's, Bryston 2B a short time later and Hafler 9180 ever since 1995. I regret ever letting go of the Marantz. At that time in audio history Marantz owned a lot of the market in it's niche. The Bryston had too little low end as it was 50W, but I liked it otherwise. The Hafler 9180 is a GEM of a performer. Never fatiguing. Never had one problem with it or any other of my amps for that metter. Rockford Fosgate is holding on the the Hafler name and patents and will not re-start the line. I have asked. If I have to ever replace the Hafler (will try to get it fixed first) I will stay with MOSFETS and go with the B and K 200.2. A MOSFET higher watt/current amp running in Class A at low listening levels. Want one NOW but $1600 is too much at this point in time.