Is the moscode 600 a great amplifier?

Hi there,

I'm planing to buy a Moscode 600 power amp. I found a lot of reviews on the web, but they're quite mixed: some are lukewarm if not bad (a reviewer said it's a "low" fi!!), others are nice.
Anyone can tell me his experience with this special amp? In particular, does it really match well with inefficient speakers?

Thanks,

Michaël
mcos
I had one in 1987. At the 4/5/600 they sell for they are ok. At that money you get what you pay for. I had the ics and binding posts changed out. What they used is pretty bad. While it has tubes it is not a tube amp. It is a mosfet output design. Mosfet mist included.

For additional info that may benefit the original poster I heard the new prototype Moscode 402 with a passive stage integrated in the amp. In my humble opinion, this pre/amp is going to make waves based on what I heard. I was not the only one with this opinion in the room at the Home Entertainment show in NYC.
Thanks for the responses. Avguygeorge, when you say "At the 4/5/600 they sell for they are ok", does it mean that in absolutes terms you don't consider it as a good amplifier? If so, why (refinement, reliability...)?
I'm looking for an amplifier for my ATC SCM20 (actually driven by a Michaelson&Austin TVA1) which are watt hungry. The 300 W of the M600 seem OK for them, but are they nice?

Concerning the 402, thanks too, but I live in France where there's not distibutor I'm affraid.

Michaël
I also heard the Moscode 402 hybrid amp on the Joseph Audio speakers.
That system sounded impressive.
It sounded sweet and smooth.
The Joseph Audio speakers sounded much better this year then in years past at the show.
I was auditioning a pair of speakers and heard the Moscode head to head with the Van Alstine hybrid amp. The Van Alstine smoked it.