TVC Promethius versus Bent

Any impressions on differences from this that have tried TVCs from both these companies? Also, I'm not sure why a transformer would help over of a passive resistor based attenuator (assuming a very high quality pot)assuming drive, low output impedance source, low capacitance cables, high sensitivity amp with high input impedance (100kohm). If more is less, why isn't adding a transformer just more, though minimal, distortion? Sort of two questions, but I have a high quality passive volume control, but have an interest in the TVC idea, especially these two brands or something made by Kevin Carter.
pubul57
I came to the Joule after having a CAT SL1 Ultimate MKII, a LAMM LL2, and a Placette Active. All are fantastic, but I felt the Joule added just a touch more "body" that works especially well with my CAT amp and Merlin speakers. What I find is that most of this stuff does sound fantastic in its own right, until you compare it to something else. I have had several amps in the past 1-2 years and they were all great, terribly enjoyable and then I would use the CAT and realize it was superior, without the CAT I could easily have lived with many of them, Quicksilver V4 and Pass XA30.5 most recently. Transparency is addictive, and so is organic presence (hard to describe, but you know it when you hear it)finding something that can share in both qualities, in good measure is the trick, and part of what makes the hobby side of this fun.
I have the Bent Audio TVC and find that the transparency that this offers is remarkable. It is feeding an Atmasphere S30 Mkiii OTL which works fine as a combination for me as my speakers are very effiecient (Duo's 108 dB/w). I have tried various active pre's including the Atmaspere MP1 and in my view the TVC wins hands-down.

I can recommend the Bent Audio without hesitation (if you can find one now) - they are really well made.

I have to confess that I've not tried the Promitheus but I reckon it would offer very similar performance. Good luck.
New Bent TAPs are on the way using custom Intact Audio autoformers. According to John he's finishing up the first few production units and then needs a few weeks to stock up on parts.
What are the theoretical beneifts/disadvantages between autoformers and transformers?
From what I've read,the one advantage of the TVC is that it provides galvanic isolation, an autoformer cannot.
Will this make a difference is sound for better or worse..I have no idea.