Is there a very nice SS amp around 1K?

Hello

I'm looking for thoughts on solid state amps around $1000 which have XLR & SE inputs... around 100 wpc or so.. and a balanced presentation.... and not real old.

Is there such a thing?

Usage is likely 50/50 music/HT... and as a back up amp for main system. So long as it doesn't have tendencies which stick out like a sore thumb, and is something one can listen to for extended periods... that'll probably do just fine.

Ideas?
blindjim
Here's another vote for the Odyssey Stratos. You might even find an Extreme version around that price range.
Well, I suppose the answer is Yes! there are indeed good amps around for $1K.

Jmcgrogan2
Thanks... again.. I must live under a rock... Odyssey? Well, you were sure right on that RSA Haley business. I agree completely... and I'm trying to get back to XLRville I guess.

So far it's Odyssey Stratos; Hafler 9505; ATI 2000 series. Is hafler still in business? I know the other are... or seem to be.

Don't wish to slight anyone, but I'm simply not big on Adcom. Truth be told, I was banking on a BAT VK200 being available.

Given the choices so far, do any have the edge in musicality? Or are these all straight forward neutral blue collar types? ...nut'n special? Or, should I even expect special in this $$ neighborhood?

I saw a number of reads on the Stratos, nothing on the Hafler... and an old note on the ATI units not the new ones though.

What, no Bells promoters?
Blindjim- Hafler Corp was purchased by Rockford Group some years back. They do still support the products that they've built(like the 9505), but- not the earlier stuff. Excellent service and warranty on repairs.