Spectron Musician III - Can anyone comment on it?

I am currently on the hunt for a pair of amplifiers that have massive peak power capability with excellent micro dynamics and neutral presentation. I am driving a pair of Martin Logan Statement E2's

The Spectron Musician has been reviewed exceptionally well everywhere I looked and seems to fit the bill but I just can't get over 25 years of snobbery telling me to avoid switching amps because linear amps just sound better and, hey, the name on the faceplate ain't Krell or Mark Levinson!

Can I PLEASE get a few people with experience listening to these amps tell me why I should or shouldn't buy them?

I desperately want to buy a pair of the BAT VK-600SE's since I own mostly all BAT equipment but to produce, say, 110db peaks one would comfortably need several thousands watts of power in the bucket to meet the challenge. I don't think the BAT amps have that under the hood.

Advice?
sashua
Thanks for the sudden flood of very helpful responses everyone! This is just more positive affirmation that I am perhaps on to something.

I have a BAT REX preamp and VK-P10SE (w/Superpak) phono preamp. I am using Martin Logan Statement E2 speakers.

This is some very wonderful high end gear and I am blessed to own it. I just wanted to be sure that I was doing it all justice by choosing an amplifier that is up to its standard. I can afford much more expensive gear but that doesn't mean that I am actively looking for a reason to do so :-)

I am thinking of running a pair of the SM3 M2 monoblocks (perhaps with upgrades) bi-wired to my towers and another pair of stock monoblocks to the bass stacks. This should provide limitless reserves of power on demand and take tight-fisted control of these massive and authoritative speakers. The best news is that Simon will simply take them back within 30 days if I am wrong! Don't see how I can lose in this case.

My original idea was to use two BAT VK-600SE's bi-amping the towers and a pair of Krell 750's on the bass stacks. Also a nice (though more costly) combo that is now looking to be my "plan B".

Any thoughts on all of this?
I can't even imagine what dual monoblocks powering a biamped set of Statements would sound like. Holy S! Please, please report back, if your sensory capabilities are still in tact!
Ted
Haha! Ted, I am both excited and confused by the possibilities!

I'm either going to run the towers jumpered and full range with Spectron Monoblocks, bi-wire with a pair of Spectrons in stereo or vertically bi-amp with the BAT VK-600SE's in stereo. I don't really have a good understanding of the positives and negatives that each setup would bring to the table and have no way to try them all out over a nice long weekend :-)

I am definitely leaning towards a pair of Spectron Monos for the bass towers but the stat and midrange panels are a horse of a different color.

It's a tough call because I've read a lot about the Spectrons being somewhat "rolled off" in the upper register but, then, they also have twice the power of the BAT's, which counts for a lot on Statement E2's.

What's a boy to do?

If all of you out there in happy Audiogonreaderland were in this happy dilemma, what would your decision be?

Russ
With your 1600 lbs E2s I feel you will eventually get 4 pcs MIIIKII or even more with the Bybees and V-Cap upgrades, operating in mono. If you do decide to go that way. In my mind your speakers compell this line of amps.
Mixing up different brands of amp in this type of config will require much more efforts cutting into listening time and you may not be satisfied with the end results, I didn't.
Rex is fitted with true balanced outputs which I am hoping that your active crossover will accept.
''It's a tough call because I've read a lot about the Spectrons being somewhat "rolled off" in the upper register''-- Not at all in my system.