Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Carlos269, when you are on the right spot, it does sound louder. It is not placebo. I have had six different people here who always got to the same value while I changed the WTC. What you hear is a place where the soundstage suddenly becomes vivid and real. The bass is tight and deep, the attack sharp, and the top end sharp and sweet.

I will have to see if I even have the Stereophile Test cd#2. Is that the one with the garage door? I just checked. I only have the Test cd, not #2.

I suspect that those not hearing it have units that are not broken in, but I cannot understand why some cannot hear polarity differences. I have had that happen even in my highly revealing system.

Man, I was just looking at your "system." Is that your listening room or a storage area? I cannot believe that much of this stuff is connected; is it?
Carlos, I know there have been many attempts to "enhance" imagining. IMHO all are disasters and there are none in my system.

Also while I find power cords to be quite important with some being outstanding, IMHO I cannot stand any ac isolation transformer, regenerator, balance power unit, or ac filter. I use only the Acoustic Revive RTP-6 plug in strip with an IsoClean wall outlet on one dedicated line.

I also have found the Halcyonics active isolation base to far exceed any other isolation component. The Acapella Silencio base is pretty good. Since I can only afford three Halcyonics, I have to use them under my digital and vinyl sources and the other under my amp. It may be that my ac purity and magic isolation allows me to hear benefits from the H-Cat that are denied others.
Hello, I wonder if it is changing the speakers or even the preamps electrical dampning or its"Q". Therefore affecting the tightness of the sound and its affect on the rooms acoustics. Think of the Marchand Bassis.
Bob
>>It may be that my ac purity and magic isolation allows me to hear benefits from the H-Cat that are denied others.<<

So one needs an $8000 vibration control device to hear the benefits of this component?

Seems like a serious design flaw.

Then again this might be a case of auditory deficiency.
Audiofool, I am sorry that you have never listened to any H-Cat product and never followed through on seeking to become a dealer. I really don't understand your mindless criticisms for something you haven't heard and apparently don't want to hear, but that is your business.