how much would you say a good set up cost

ok, we all have gear, but now days, what price do you think you have to spend to have a real good system. not over kill, just good equipment, good sound stage. all around mid to mid high. I'm saying at least 30-35 thousand gets you in that level. I was talking the other day with some friends and we never put a price on our gear. you always get this piece now then that later. but have you ever sat down and figured out just what you paid for your system. I was shocked when i did it.
ltleo74
Maggie MMG's $400
TADAC tube DAC $900
Parasound 2200 $700
AppleTV $330
Outlaw LFT-1 Sub $400
Kimber 4tc/Hero/Toslink $200
PS Audio Quintet $300
----

Total $3230

That's a very good system I put together for my boss, sounds fantastic by any measure, and it's very easy to use.
I just went over the spreadsheet that I keep to track my Audio (net) spending, and my current set up (excluding the LCD TV monitor) is at $16k, and it's a v good system by any measure.
Well, I would imagine the term "very good sounding" is probably very subjective and am sure most everyone that is in this hobby will say their system fits that bill. And I am no exception.

I have less than $2000 in my mostly vintage system.

Pair of McIntosh MC40 amps ($600)
Altec 604-8G Model 17s ($150)
CJ PV-10A preamp ($500)
Technics SP25 TT with ATP-12T arm ($60)
Denon 103R ($150) lightly used on Agon
Cinemag SUT ($160)
Marantz CC-65SE CD changer ($20)

The Altecs are nearfield monitors and I haven't done any room treatments. All is hooked up with inexpensive cables and wire.

I am sure it would sound different than a $16K system. But I doubt the owner of the $16K system is any happier with his system than I am of mine.