Buy tubes from Audio Research or not

I need to retube my ARC amp and I'm wondering if there is an advantage buying tubes from ARC vs and Independant tube dealer.
taters
Just to straighten out some misconceptions, retubing the VT100MKIII is a straightforward process that requires no special skills. Retubing the first two models merely requires that you follow some instructions -- or have someone with a little skill do the task for you. It's not a big deal, and it's certainly not a reason to avoid these fine amplifiers. Plus it's not as if you need to retube them all that often.
My story with Kevin at Upscale Audio is that I was looking for some primo 12AX7's for my VAC integrated amp. I placed a order on-line for a 'Platinum' pair of Pope's at $250 each. So he calls me the next day and says my VAC is a tube burner, and not good enough for his special Pope tubes. Funny thing is I've had this VAC for 6 months now, and it has not burned through any precious NOS tube I've put in it. I've currently had Telefunken's running for 4 months and counting....no issues. He was not rude, but basically told me that he was saving his precious Pope's for customers that bought gear from him. My question is then why advertise them to the whole public on your website? If they're not for sale, they're not for sale....if they are for sale, they are for sale. There should be none of this "you can order them, but you cannot have them" attitude.

Life is short, and I don't care to be jerked around. As someone who has over 30 years in this hobby, I have no time for clowns like Kevin Deal. Sorry Thsalmon, but one reaps what one sows.

Cheers,
John
Taters,
In your conversations with Upscale Audio, with regards to the tubes, at any time did anyone at Upscale Audio badmouth ARC or the ARC VT100 power amp?
I've been in this hobby for 30 years and Mr. Deal is the worst in the business. Audiophiles (at least some) like to be talked down to. That's why the a**hole has stayed in business. Call Andy at Vintage tube services or do the ARC route. Mr. Deal used to wouldn't even sell tubes to people unless they had bought gear from him. I guess he didn't want to deal with people who had some sense. He probably figured that if they had bought from him before that he had a chance of sticking it to them over and over again and again. I used to couldn't understand why people(audiophiles) would buy from such chacters like Mr. Deal or Mr.Welborne. As you can see most people have caught on to the likes of Mr. Welborne. Maybe the economy will weed out people like Mr. Deal.Let's hope so.
Jea48,

Kevin Deal said that he has had nothing but problems selling tubes to people that owned the ARC VT-100. He then told me never to call back and then hung up on me.