Class-D or switching amps, any opinions on??

Does anybody have experience on Class-d or switching amps vs either a/b or traditional amps?? I have heard people knock them for limited ability at the low frequencies. However, I listened to a Linn amp not long ago and could not hear it wanting for anything. I want to hear a Rotel switching amp to compare. Why buy a massive 90lb amp thats a space heater if you dont have to, right???
128x128bobrock
Tony::
Bought my first 'trinatron' 19" w/mechanical tuner for my parents when first available. before that, we had one of the miniature, 'belly top' b/w Sonys'.

As for HDTV detail, coming thru small dish, quality depends on amount of compression. more=worse picture. In worst case on my 60" SXRD, the HD picture only looks marginally better than the sd on the next channel over. Sometimes, I'd prefer the picture from my OPPO '981 thru HDMI !!

However, sports and live news always has a stunning picture. I think they use those shows as a 'hook'. One day maybe I'll be able to do the BR compar-o.
Found this awhile ago on AVSForum. Tangentially related to the Class D AMp discussion.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16599598&posted=1#post16599598

Warning to REL owners with Class "D" amps and/or receivers of damage due to improper ground.

The following situation can cause damage to your audio equipment. If you use regular "High Level" cables connected to any of the main outputs on a Class "D" amp or receiver, there is risk of damage due to improper grounding. However there is no risk of damage if your using the RCA type connection while hooked up to the low level connection.

If your using a newer REL sub bass system that's designed for both music (high level input) AND movie sound (.1 LFE Channel low level RCA type connection) while connected to both connections at the same time, AND your using a class "D" amp or receiver, you risk damage to your audio equipment with only the High Level Input connection.

Again, the issue being proper grounding. Hooking the black wire of the "High Level" cable to a phono ground will not help. Hooking up a RCA type connection to the black wire and attaching it to any of the unused RCA connections on the back of your amp/receiver will also not help.

The way to properly hook up your REL to a class "D" amp/receiver (while using the high level connection) is to use a "High Level Digital Cable" available through your local REL dealer. This is a "new" situation and the "High Level Digital Cables" are only being manufactured on a case by case basis. The word "Digital" is not to be confused with the type of signal being sent through it, it only describes the type of cable to be manufactured. Many local REL dealers may not be aware of this and will have to contact Sumiko for further information.
I use a Digital Amplifier Company "Cherry" amp. Check the web site for details. It has powered my Ohm mk5 IIs and my Apogee Caliper Sigs. Very powerful, clear and no lack of lows. I highly recommend it.