Rowland Synergy IIi, Cadence and BPS-1

I currently own a Rowland Synergy IIi preamp and Cadence phono pre. I recently have a chance to purchase a Rowland BPS-1 battery power supply for the Syngery IIi.

I'm trying to visualize exactly how the Synergy IIi and Cadence can both be powered by the BPS-1. Can they or can just one of the two units be powered by the BPS-1?

I currently have the power supply of the Synergy IIi plugged into a dedicated wall outlet and the Synergy IIi and Cadence are both attached to it.

Any info on how this all hooks up with the BPS-1 and what cables would I need would be greatly appreciated.
philb7777
I have a synergy , cadence and bps. There is apparently more than one version of the bps. There is a one chassis unit or a two chassis unit. I have a two chassis unit which consist of a charger block and a battery unit. The connection of the synery pre amp remains the same. The bps connects to the top unit of the synergy where you would normally plug in the cadence. I was told to disconnect the power cord to the synergy. There is a outlet on the bps where you would plug in the cadence. The cable appears to be the same as the one that connects the two units of the synergy (does the bps not come with the proper cables?) You could e mail rowlands and they will confirm it with you.
Thanks for the reply. I am considering purchasing a BPS-1 and will talk with the seller tomorrow. I think the one I am purchasing is a one chassis unit. I was just trying to make sure I didn't need to purchase any new umbilical cables or power cables. Your set up makes sense to me, ie. plug the cadence into the back of the BPS and plug the BPS into the slot where the cadence went on the Synergy IIi power supply. Then plug the BPS into the wall and disconnect the Synergy IIi power supply from the wall AC.

DId the BPS make a big difference in sound quality compared to without it? Did it make improvements in your vinyl set up with the Cadence?
There are three ways you can operate the bps. There is a power button on the battery unit. You can run the synergy with the power cord on the bps, with the power button off, with the power button on and with the power button on and the power cord pulled off the wall outlet. It sounds alot better with the power cord pulled off. It sound cleaner, more natural, with more detail and greater dynamics. I noticed this with both vinyl and digital. If you are going to listen to your system seriously, this is the only way to go. As a side note, I had to send the charger unit back to Rowlands for repair. It kept on overheating and shutting down. Also, you should check if the battery needs to be changed or not.