Integrated SS amps - Luxman vs. Simaudio Moon?

Instead of separates, I am considering a high quality integrated amp for my new system. The speakers I am considering (Verity Audio) are not hard to drive. The two brands at the top of my list are:

Simaudio Moon Evolution i-7 (or the new 700i) vs.

Luxman L-509u (or L-590Aii 30 wpc pure class A).

I have heard theses units in different systems at different dealers, and so not direct comparisons.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Regards,

Mark
toronto416
How do you think 509 and D06 should sound with 803D ?

I have the B&W speakers (driven by Denon PMA and DCD 2000, which I had before buying the 803D 2 years ago) and I am going to buy 509 and D06 without listening them before (impossible).

Will I have neutral, musical and natural sound with strong bass and no digital harshness in high frequencies in my 80% rock/20% jazz-fusion listenings ?

Luxman 509u is my only chance, I need an integrated amp with the same size as Denon PMA 2000 (this is my setup : http://im2.freeforumzone.it/up/23/67/1011509478.jpg ) and with the preamp/amp separate switch (so I can use the integrated as a power amp for the ht Denon AVR 3808's left and right pre-out, as I do with PMA 2000).

D06 will replace the harsh and bright Denon DCD 2000 for my CDs and (many!) SACDs, offering me digital inputs to use it as an external DAC for my PC

Thanks
The Luxman 509u is possibly one of the best integrated amps on the planet, and the D-06 is a very fine CD player that mates well with it. Their build quality is as superb as their sound.

Well recorded regular Redbook CDs sound especially wonderful (I am rediscovering the glory of some gems from the early 90's). The D-06 sounds very natural, and it is much less clinical than say an Esoteric cdp. You will appreciate this attribute with longer listening sessions. Even though the more clinical player may sound better on an initial short audition, you may find this quality tiresome with longer listening.

The 509u together with the D-06 forms a very musical and neutral system, totally devoid of harshness. The 509u also has very good bass control, which should help improve the sound of the 803d by making the bass tighter and more controlled.

You are taking a big jump in quality, performance and musicality with the Luxman components - bravissimo!

Keep us posted regarding your new system.
Tomorrow I'll have the D06, but the 509u shipment is expected in FEBRUARY 2011 :-/ !

The italian Luxman importer told me that the 509u are produced in limited numbers, virtually on demand, personally signed by its designer!

In the meanwhile my friendly dealer will lend me his 550AII... Better than nothing...
Congratulations! Let us know what you think of the D-06.

Though the 550AII is only 20wpc, and not quite enough for your speakers, I did hear this amp do a surprisingly good job driving the Verity Audio Parsifal Ovations.

You will however be amazed when you finally have the 509u in your system.

Happy listening!