Amp/ preamp for electostatics and why

I would like to get some ideas on what amp and preamp sound best with electrostatic speakers and does the brand of the speaker make a difference? Do they like high current or high voltage better? I am running a pair of Martin Logan SL3's with a pair of PSE Studio V monoblock's and a BAT VK-30 pre right now but would like to play with the sound. also wondering about changing tubes in the pre.
ikonetic
I have one other thing I would need and that is balanced connections. Anybody know of a 80+ watt tube monoblock with balanced connections?
A set of our M-60s, using a set of ZEROs to drive the MLs will make 80 Watts at full power, are monoblocks and are fully balanced.

There's a used set in the classifieds right now.
Look into Sanders Sound Systems. They specialize in Electrostatic systems. This company used to be called Innersound. They have a nice preamp/amp combo you may want to check out.
Audio Research made a V-140. It was basically Classic 120 monos balanced. And if you use Audio Research you don't need the Zeros. There is always a trade off with that type of product.

Ralph, I'm surprised you are pushing your products here.
The Manley Snapper monoblocks have balanced inputs, sound wonderful, and match great with the BAT preamps. I use the VK-42se with mine and have a friend that uses the VK-51se with his. They are easy to bias, takes all of about 5 minutes.