Class "D" amp? I do not have a clue. Do you?

I have been a serious audiophile for 30 years and class "D" audio is new to me. Most important, what do they sound like?
orpheus10
I agree with Mfsoa on the digital amp company. I got one used on the gon and have had it for about two years now, it is the best amp I have ever had. It runs cool, has loads of power and has a tube like sound to it, never bright, the model is called the 4800
CK,

One thing with the BC refs is they have very high damping factor, which I could imagine might make speakers that do not require high damping sound somewhat tighter or leaner perhaps.

The OHMs in my system are renowned for drinking lots of power and current and also to sound best with high damping, so the BCs were a very good match on paper and have panned out equally well in practice luckily.

I run a pair of small Triangle Titus XS monitor speakers off my system also. These are more efficient and easy to drive, more tube friendly speakers. The high damping and current may be a bit of overkill with these in that sometimes I detect a touch of leanness with these perhaps compared to some other amps I have used.
i have auditioned class d amps and they sound aggressive in the treble. that is the frequency response seems unbalanced.

there is a hybrid class d amp, virtue audio which incorporates gary dodd's tube buffer--a hybrid class d amp.
A few years ago, Class D amps received a bad rap from both users and reviewers. Perhaps deservedly so.

However, the latest generation products from top manufacturers require a listen IMO. Given a proper speaker match, some of them challenge far more expensive solid state competition. They still may not be your cup of tea but the overall sonic quality has improved significantly.

Those who claim Class D amps are aggressive and/or unbalanced either haven't heard the newest products or have poor listening skills.

IMO
"Those who claim Class D amps are aggressive and/or unbalanced either haven't heard the newest products or have poor listening skills."

Or they may have heard them in the wrong setup.

No amp or amp technology works best in all cases, including Class D, though I suspect it may be the most versatile amp technology around overall nonetheless.