Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara
I thought I`d post an update now that I`ve had these tubes awhile(over 150 hours). If anything my admiration has grown, this Takatsuki 300b is an extraordinary tube. It`s overwhelming strength is reproducing music in a completely 'natural' and pure manner.There`s just minimal if any electronic artifact present. In audiophile terms it`s really perfectly balanced from bass to the highest frequencies.Space,ambience,ultra resolved, 3-D presence with air,superb soundstaging and image density are top tier. But what is more important(to me) and more elusive is how it just connects you emotionally and simply won`t let go. This tube is all about getting to the core/essence of music.

The tone/harmonics/overtones with acoustic instruments and human voice is the best I`ve experienced in home audio so far.It combines utter refinement with vivid energy and dynamic authority that`s unmatched in my experience. It`s very difficult to bring a listening session to an end,very difficult. A good 300b amplifier with this tube is a special experience.
Regards,
Ok, thanks

In my Wavac EC300B on WE437 and Tungsol KT66s into Duevel Bella Luna omnis the Takatsukis are by far the best in microdynamics, soundstage depth and overall neutrality. The EATs are more ballsy but less subtle, if one listens to rock music predominantly, one might actually rate them more punchy and ahead. But on classical and jazz (solo piano anyone?) the Takatsukis are eerily quiet and balanced with lots more air around individual instruments. The EATs are about 18 months old, the Takatsukis are about 6 months old. I have not tried the Royal Princesses.
Antigrunge,
Excellent question; and even though this thread is about 300b tubes, the small tubes and their influence on power tubes should probably be addressed. Like Charles1dad, all my small tubes are old, scarce and expensive. But if you’re contemplating any of these very expensive 300bs, please spend the requisite time and energy and yes...money on the small tubes to get the best out of these very expensive 300b tubes. You wouldn’t put run of the mill tires on a Bugatti.