Melody & Onix

Does anyone know the relationship between Melody and Onix? I believe they are the same company, but are their products lines different in any way? They appear so similar.
128x128tarraga
Melody is the Chinese company that makes the equipment and Onix imports their gear and makes some changes and sells the stuff under their name. But only a few items. Melody has a full line of gear. I believe there are some reviews of Onix that talks about this.
While I am not aware of "who" makes equipment for who, as an old ONIX and new Melody dealer I find the products quite different.

Melody is a high grade line of tube gear and ONIX is solid state.

Hugh at Angel City Audio, might be able to answer any questions about the connections (if any) between the two.
I am the exclusive US distributor for Melody as well as Onix.

Previously, Melody made some amps for Onix as known as SP3 and H34.

John at SummitAV got it right.
Melody is pure tube gears while Onix at the current time is mainly solid state.

Thanks for your inwuiry.

Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
I guess I was wrong that Melody made all their electronics. But you guys should let the people know this is not the old British company. It is a Chinese company. It looks like they just outsource to whomever and place the Onix badge on it.

Here is an excerpt from Adam Worsfold the founder of Onix.

"after this Onix products suffered, the culture died and the company went in to liquidation in 1994 just three short years later . It was then sold to a Chinese company that took the name and culture even further in the wrong direction.

Sadly the Onix DNA has been lost and no "true" Onix products were made after 1991". Here is the link if someone want's to read it in it's entirety.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73622

So maybe Melody doesn't produce all their gear. But it is made in China by one company or another. It does not mean by any means it's bad gear. Actually I like some of the Melody gear.
We have gone through this Onix 'DNA" discussion with Mr. Worsfold previously on avsforum.

Anybody who cares to find out can do a search there.

Whether Onix is a Chinese company and not the original one from England is really up to the current owner(s) of Onix to make such statement.

Personally, I love my personal Melody gears.

Thanks,