Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I have read these threads and I must say that the excitement all you Supratek owners have is a little infectious. I have been an avid music lover but have always listened to SS. Lately, however, I have become very curious about tube components. I would love to just buy the Syrah right now just from everyone's glowing reviews here. If I did, I don't think I could go wrong. What's stopping me is the feeling that I should get to know more about tube systems and I really don't know where to start. Could some of you tell me where I should begin to find out more about this subject. Where did you guys start and where would I find good info on the subject. (if there is any)
my syrah pre is scheduled for delivery on 03-03-03. i think i already got $2500 worth the fun reading these posts! the only problem is iv'e blown about $400.00 on nos tubes just to have something to get me thru the agony of the 6 month wait.i was wondering how long the phono section takes to break in,i don't know if my aged koetsu & i can take it!
Rayhall,

thank you for your decent review and shed the light on this issue. I do concurent with your opinion on presence audio preamp.