Your best ''outstanding'' products in last 5 yrs?

I have been reflecting on my biggest surprises and value-for-money purchases in the last 5 years - the ones that were truly impressive for the money, here are mine, and would like to find out about other maniac's choices! Stick to what you have actually purchased please! My top 5 (so far).

1. Yamaha AS2000 integrated amplifier.

Totally off the charts. This is an absolutely outstanding amplifier for the money - I cannot think of anything under $ 3,000.00 that is more refined, powerful, and full-featured all at once. Gracious looks and battleship build are a bonus.

2. Shanling MC-30 receiver.

It may look like a toy, but it sure isn't one. Wonderful musicality with a whopping 3 watts of power, sounds much more powerful than that. A steal at the price. Amp, cd, tuner, with the magic of tubes.

3. Yamaha AS1000 SACD player.

Only the second (along with the AS2000 amp) Yamaha component I have owned in my lifetime. Ridiculous price, amazing quality with the smoothest-operating load mechanism south of 5K. Someone told me that Yamaha's marketing mistake is that they should have invented a sister brand (like Pioneers TAD or Teac's Esoteric) for the AS series so that they could charge more. I agree, but in the meantine, the consumer wins.

4. Music Hall MMF-7 turntable.

No REGA or VPI bragging rights, but this is a BEAUTIFUL table worth every penny and more. Decoupled motor, classy acrylic plate, double-deck plinth, decent Pro-Ject tonearm, it just screams ''buy me''. Now updated to 7.1 - I listened to both, could not detect a sonic difference with the same cartrige.

5. Cambridge Audio combo of DacMagic and the new ID100 digital transport (check my review on this one). Roaming hundreds of free digital Web radio stations has become very enjoyable with not-too-shabby sound. Pocket change as far as audiophile budget goes for these 2 items.

Special mention to TT weights and their Classic model. Where else can you get a CNC-machined product from an avionics supplier for 60 bucks?

That's it for now - after mega-buck tube amps, cables, preamps and cd players - these top 5 are it for me, and have given me a break in my pocketbook with no regrets.

Let's hear your choices!
sonicbeauty
Peavey PV 215 floor-standing speakers. About US$600/pair.

http://www.peavey.com/products/proaudio/loudspeakers/pv/index.cfm/item/114378/PV%26nbsp%3B215.html

Silly cheap. Big warm sound that is never fatiguing or compressed, even at crazy volumes. These produce better overall sound than the Vandersteen 2CE, Mission 780, Totem Rokk, Klipsch Heresy II that I have had in the same (small) room over the years. WAF may not be that great so may not be for the livingroom.
Not really a "product" (since it was made somewhere around 1940 so it is not in current production/regular sale), nor something that can be considered an outstanding value (quite expensive), but, one of the biggest improvement I have ever made to my system was the recent purchase of a Western Electric 713b driver and a KS12025 horn to replace the midrange horn in my system.
I'm a big fan of the Triplanar tonearm. It is very easy to adjust, very consistently, with the hardest bearings of any arm made. So far its the closest LP presentation I have heard where the LPs I've done sound like the actual tapes.

So far the best near-field monitor, cost no object, is made by High Emotion Audio (http://www.highemotionaudio.com). It uses a patented tweeter that has one of the widest dispersion angles of anything made (huge sweet spot), and its also one of the fastest tweeters made (faster and more detailed than any ribbon or ESL), yet very relaxed.

I'm also a big fan of the Audiokinesis loudspeakers, which I think are outstanding as they totally take speakers to the mat that cost several times more. They are easy to drive, play the best bass in the their price range, are crazy musical and very nicely priced.

The Tape Project has been pretty cool! You forget how far audio has come until you hear one of these tapes on a well-set up system.

So far the best digital system I have heard is easily the Stahltek CD transport and DAC. If you can't/won't have analog this is the best at any price.
Audio Research Reference 40 Anniversary preamp ($25,000). I've been listening to music through audio equipment for 40 years too. I've never heard anything like it! Music is positively thrilling. I'm floored by the very natural tonal colors, textures, and three dimensional images and soundstage. Absolutely amazing.
Sony xa5400es...smooth and sweet and a bargain for another wise stalwart vinyl guy.

Happy Listening!