Is It Safe To Connect Speakers To Two Amps??

i've got a combined HT and 2-Channel rig whereby my mains and subs function in both. i'm currently using the traditional connection scheme whereby the HT processor sends signals to the mains via the pre outs to my preamp (in bypass mode) then on to my main power amps, then on to the speakers.

if i wanted to bypass my preamp and main power amps althogther (it's a shame to burn tube hours on movies), is it safe to simply connect my main speakers to the HT processor via speaker level connections if they are also connected to my main power amps concurrently? only one amp - HT processor OR main amps - would be running at a time.

any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
128x128srosenberg
Obtain a 2 channel/2 amp speaker switch. That way there is no way both amps are paralled at any time. You can then switch between then amps (both amps being off when you operate the switch). I know there are several companies that offer such a switch.

enjoy
Hey Minorl

I wish I could e-mail you for the companies you've come across that have these 2 channel/2 amp speaker switches.

Other than the Niles ones mentioned I found this speaker/amplifier selector.

OSD Audio ATM-7 7 Zone Speaker Selector with Remote Control

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/7-pair-speaker-selector-with-remote-control.html

Is this a viable solution or one of the companies you know of?
I'll do some looking. I was pretty sure Niles audio had one, but I'll check.

enjoy