Krell Evo vs Evo-enhance

Hello

I am considering between krell evo402 and 402e; beside evo400 and evo400e mono blocks. I have not audited them so not sure which are the most significant differences. are the new E amps better than the older evo ones?

In addition, how do you compare the above krell evo with pass labs xa 100.5 or goldmund telos 200 or Perreaux 750 or dartzeel nhb108 mondel 1 power amp?

Many thanks
sonrock
sorry for this question but this is very important to me. I have a good offer for a pair of Krell Evo400 from USA. However I am worrying about tax I need to pay here in the UK - 30% of the total value.

The shop says they can send the amps which ever way I want to. So if any of you are in EU or particularly UK and has bought from the US or somewhere before, please advise what should I do.

In addition, the amps should be converted to use here in the UK. some audiophiles told me that would be problems like hum or sth, is that correct or the amps can work perfectly like ones made for the EU/UK market? please advise!

many many thanks!
Hi Sonrock,

I recently bought and received a pair of evo 600e's from the States. They were converted to 230V in the States. I listened to a pair in the shop before placing my order. Converted they sound even better.

I prefered the sound qualtity of the 600e's to the 400e's. However the 400e's are more compact and thus easier to place.

I use the Krell Modulari Duos speakers with Krell evo 202 and evo 525 cd player and run Nordost cast cables and Synergistic Tesla Apex cables

There is no hum... They are perfect

Shipping was expensive as they are so heavy

The price diference was so huge between The States and Europe, that I made the plunge. I only had to pay local VAT on import. So I was okay with the import costs
Hi Jussy

Thanks for the infos and sorry for not replying as I was too busy and tired with my ladies, I has become a father just 2 days ago.

Regarding the Krell's, after so much consideration about voltage converter and shipping etc, I finally decided to buy a pair of Leema Acoustic Altair 4 monoblocks which I believe at least are as good as the Evo600/e. They made me very happy until now.

In addition, my Magico V2's will be home with me soon so I will have a great chance compare the V2's and MBL 121's.

Many thanks and best regards,

SR