Spectron Musician III MK.2 or Audio Research DS450

Has anyone listened to the new Audio Research DS450M mono blocks or the DS 450 stereo Class D amp's and compared them to the Spectron Musician III MK.2?..
audiozen
One additional item I neglected to add..when I spoke to Dennis Deacon with D-Sonic a few days ago, he mentioned their are currently seven Class-D platforms being used globally which includes the B&O ICE, Nuforce, Hypex, Spectron, and other's, and hes listened and evaluated all of them, and states his amps are the newest and most advanced Class-D technology and by far the most musical and natural sounding Class-D amps he has ever heard. No way in hell will he divulge the Designer and manufacturer. Thats about as likely as getting the secret to the Coca-Cola formula. He is the first in the country to use this new technology.
Mapman
What you say is true for most amps regardless of Class.

But, as I stated above the Veritas has made all types of speakers sound better. There may be ones that will not play well but I have not seen it yet.

Through other Audiophiles I know it has been tried on all your typical and not so typical speakers and from low to high Sensitivity and Impedance. They never broke a sweat.
To say it shocked most of the owners of the speakers is putting it mildly.

Audiozen
Well unless he received an Ncore NC1200 from Hypex or listened to both of the only two OEM Ncore NC1200 in the USA I do not think he can say that. But that is still a bias statement coming from a competing company. I have heard and owned many other Class D and I can tell you that the NCore NC1200 is in another Class. The Acoustic Imagery version in my opinion has some design issues and is not a good example of how well the Ncore NC1200 can sound. I am not saying that the Veritas or the Ncore NC1200 is the only ones capable of great sound.

Hifial..Dennis with D-Sonic never specifically referred to the NC1200, but to Hypex in general. There has been several
companies for years in the States using Hypex amps which includes Channel Islands and the Genesis Reference amps out of Seattle. Genesis does more extensive mods with Hypex than anyone else which includes a large separate power supply with a beefy toroidal transformer and capacitor bank. Their custom additions and circuit mods is the best I've seen to date with a Hypex platform. I spoke to Merrill in November regarding his Veritas amps and he mentioned he does not provide interior photos of his amps fearing that design engineers will copy his platform. How silly. What he's really saying is that there is not enough meat and potatoes under the hood to justify the high retail
price of $10K a pair. Heck, for that money, the amp should come with either balanced or single ended inputs, which it does not. Balanced ony. You can order the Genesis amps with either balanced or single ended inputs. I have seen close up pics of the Hypex NC1200 amp and the Ncore power supply. You can hold either in one hand. Very small. There's not enough there electronically in terms of parts or power supply to justify the outrageous high retail prices. I think that the Mola-Mola M1 amps coming out this year will be a hard sell at $15K a pair, and they also come with balanced inputs only. My sense is that the D-Sonic M2-600M mono amps at $1950.00 a pair, utilizing the new Class D SOA core technology is the best bang for the buck and put out a whopping 1200 watts into 4 ohms and come with both balanced and single ended inputs.
Audiozen, You said all class D and Hypex, not just some of the Hypex. My remarks are again just on the NC1200.

Your assumption is totally wrong as Merrill has added his own "tweaks/special sauce" as they say to the Veritas. And no I am not at privilege to discuss and I do not know all of them but they are there. He has no desire to assist his competition. It is easy to call him silly but I do not see you putting your money were you mouth is.

The reason that the NC1200 only has an XLR input is it sounds better by XLR and if a RCA is added then it degrades the sound of the amp.

I do not understand way it is so important that the NC1200 has to have a RCA input when it is easy to use an adapter.
And if it bothers you so much then do not buy it.

So your opinion is in order to justify a price point a product MUST have SIZE, WEIGHT, MANY PARTS, BIG POWER SUPPLY, but not GREAT SOUND to justify the price. I would think great sound should be the only point not how the manufacture satisfied the bias of old school thought.

So if I put in a bunch of parts and made it large and heavy but they did not alter the quality of the great sound but were there for show, that would be OK then for you. You see a bunch of parts and size, they do not add to or alter the sound, but now it justifies the price.
This a new tech just like the D-Sonic is. So why do you think IT MUST HAVE all the add ons of the past Class D to sound great. You have no idea all the tech that is behind the NC1200. It is not just what is built into the product.

The NC1200 puts out a whopping 1200 watts into 2ohms but so what if it is 2 or 4 ohms if it does not sound any better for it.
You have no reason to put down a product that you have not heard but from your remarks I doubt it will matter.
To end this I must say again I have no financial or otherwise with Hypex or Merrill Audio.

If you have noticed I have said that the D-Sonic looks interesting and I would love to hear it. I have not questioned the integrity of the manufacture or the quality of the sound or product based on price or components or what he did or did not add to it. In my book the quality of sound is what matters. So until you HEAR a Veritas and a Mola-Mola M1 do you think you have an opinion.

End of discussion.
There is something special about Class A or enriched Class A/B with high current and massive power supplies...the sound is more colorful and organic!