High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
CalvinJ, I Agree that Ricks cables are different and superior to conventional cables and I like your descriptions of the sound.
A glorious sound to be sure as the HF cables usher in a new era
in music reproduction. But how do we describe this new era to
ones who have not heard???
I'd say 600 hours was the break in time for the speaker cables if they are the first magnetic cables used as speaker cables. The UR spk cable sounded great very soon as I had had the Ultimate spk cable in for 6 months. It will be interesting to hear how the improvements present themselves over time in your system.
Another interesting fact is how Ricks power cords make the same or even more miraculous an improvement as his signal cables.
I sent in my first report on my URR power cord yesterday (6/27) but my posts often take several days to appear.
Very Happy Listening to you. D
Congrats are in full order to you Ddraudt for the HF urr power cord, I also enjoy your enthusiasm, you remind me so much of myself with my journey with Tara labs cables, do not ever change, your post enlighten my day, thankyou.
Chris_launder, Hi and welcome. I agree with CalvinJ's statement last week that HF speaker cables work with any speaker. Also, each step up the High Fidelity line is surprisingly advanced over the next. These are not cables in the traditional sense and they produce music like I never imagined. Every level is a new world. each successive level has an order of magnitude strong magnets. part cost for each level is almost an order of magnitude more expensive too.The CT-1 has qualities better than most cable brands. the "E" is more refined, with better…. everything!
at Ultimate, the is a huge jump in quality, unbelievably good, (really)
and one would be hard pressed to fine any cable as satisfying and "real" (I've not heard better brands). the Ultimate Reference must be heard because words can't adequately explain what the experience is like. ( I've tried)
Adding power cords and filters from High Fidelity create, yet again, an exponential increase in sound quality.
Yes, I would exercise my "audition option" and try any HF you can afford. Warning... it is extremely painful to listen to the ones you can't afford and to have to give them back.
Enjoy!! D
@chris_launder. I understand how you feel but when you try as many cables as I have and you find something like this that knocks you off your feet. I spent so much money and time searching for something different and that can give the music in spades. I'm listening to the veloce pre amp and amps with high fidelity ultimate reference cabling and I just had the best listening session I've had in my life to this point. If they were not good I would just say so. They are on now with the brad mehldau trio and it's a lot of fast drum work piano and complex jazz rythyms and this system is delivering in spades. I'm excited about what's coming out the speakers. As audiophiles it's exciting to enjoy getting to the mythical audio nirvana. I believe I got there today. I know people may say that I am a cheerleader for these cables but they frickin get the job done. You should try them. I spent so much time and money in this hobby. I have never had something deliver this well. Transparency, detail, weight, speed, soundstage. All check marks. I understand how someone could say yeah right but I'm here and really about what I'm hearing. Thanks to the veloce amps and pre and the high fidelity cables ultimate reference series. @Ddraudt. I understand how you feel. I'm in a serious jam session as I write this post. This is amazing. The ultimate reference gave the music more weight than in the past without losing transparency or detail. @audiolabryinth. I had to use one balanced interconnect so I'm using tara labs the one and it is doing real well in my system. The demo system is veloce pre amp veloce amps. Speakers are vienna acoustics beethoven baby grand se. High fidelity ultimate reference speaker cables. 1 High fidelity ultimate reference interconnect. 1. Tara labs balanced the one interconnect. Parasound cd1 CD player. I'm in a happy place musically right now. There is a whole band in my living room right now!!!
@Ddraudt. I have been running my system non stop over the weekend and I ran it all day today. I think high fidelity ultimate reference is improving with the burn in. I think the patience of letting them run pays off. I let my wife listen to my system today. She said it was the best I got it so far. Believe me I have tried a lot of stuff. Look at my threads and posts. This edition of the high fidelity ultimate reference has really got me hooked. The speaker cables made a huge difference. The power cord was great as well but the speaker cables had me where I could not sit still today. The pianos where right on point today. When the musicians were rolling the keys it was fast and precise. That is very hard for a cable to do. It did so in a very natural way that was musical. I have had 5 different loudspeakers. 5 different pre amps and about more than 20 different brands of cables and ic' s powercords etc. I have system chased for the last 6 years and today was really satisfying. I have spent countless amounts of green trying to get what I heard today. I understand now when fellow audiophiles feel like they are being jacked around on cables and equipment. However, today my room was filled with organic yet detailed natural musical sound. I'm very happy to have had this experience today. The high fidelity ultimate reference cables with the veloce amp and pre was a game changer for me.