LEBEN CS600 OR CS300X

hi everyone.
i have devore gibbon nines speakers.
i decided to buy amplifer for my speakers ,after alot of question here on audiogon what amp to buy i decided to go with leben (i hope i will be not dissapointed),my budget is max 4000-5000$. i think in this price range i cant buy shindo pre +power :-((
so not i consider what will be good value for the money cs 300x or cs600 ? all i know is that cs600have alot of power more but what will be more good to my speakers 300x or 600?
i have averge living room about (5 meter on 4 meters) i hear all kind of music rock alot and quiet music but not classic music.
so what the diffrent between them and what will be the best comb with my devore nines speakers 300x 0r 600 ???
thanks alot hope to hear about it
bolero32
Hi Jonathan,

I would think that you would "love" all of your children equally...:-).

Cheers!
Alan
03-06-12: Vinyljh
"Made in China also includes many, many US brands that say Made in USA."

I don't believe this is true. What brands say "Made in USA" on them and are made in China. Can you name them?
Or are you saying it says Made in USA somewhere else, like a Web page or brochure or something?
Jonathan

Luxman, Almarro and Leben are small manufacturers who take pride in their Japanese made product. Likewise, Decware is made in Chicago.

To my ears, Leben had a sweeter midrange and better bass control and grip over the Shindo, which will work better with Bolero's selections. Shindo offers more nuance and depth, something you associate with classical.

I have seen DeVore use Leben gear at electronic shows.
Check out the photo album within the DeVore Site. You can clearly see the Leben amp and phono in the Montreal 2009 show.
I agree with Bongofury that Leben has a sweeter midrange than Shindo, whereas Shindo lets you hear deeper into the music. I see Leben as more of the "classic" tube sound and Shindo as a master of detail - both are excellent at what they do IMHO.

Two things though -

1) Jonathan has far more experience with this gear than any of the rest of us, especially in the context of listening to Devore speakers, so if he says that he doesn't hear Leben as being more "sweet" sounding, then I would certainly put more value in what he says than it what I say.

2) I don't think that Shindo gear is for classical only, at all. I've seen that type of thing mentioned repeatedly, and I don't think it's accurate. I enjoy the depth of detail that you get with Shindo - that ability to have absolute clarity down to the last detail of a recording - and I do not listen to classical, virtually ever. The special ability that Shindo has with small-scale performances can be enjoyed with anything from pop to classic rock, from jazz to indie rock, etc. A good piece of gear is not dependant on the type of music it's playing to display it's strengths.