Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Guys,
neither tube rush or hum are problems.
Just the emphasis on surface noise through the Syrah
as compared to the Quicky.
Can't be the turntable set up and with the gain
levels set my cd volume is pretty much
as I would expect , the phono needs a tad more
volume.
It's not the end of the world, just a bit annoying.

Dilly - like the idea of a cheap tube tester but I've
found that even tubes that test well sometimes go noisy
after a few days or weeks use.
I think Mick gives good advice about tubes - I've
wasted a lot of money on NOS tubes.
Nice as some of them sound, there not much use when
they die after a few days !

Simon
Woo hoo! It's finally coming. I got the email from Mick that my Grange is being shipping. It's been pretty tough to wait it out - but I'm finally joining the club!

Colin
Hello Indigorose,

Congratulations, and welcome to the club! You are going to LOVE the Grange. I have a friend that has one. It is a true work of art and sounds fantastic! Please be sure to let us know your impressions. It should sound wonderful right out of the box, but keep in mind that there is a break in period of a couple hundred hours. Just enjoy this time and let the Grange work it's magic. It will only get better.

Where do you live?
Hi Colin: The Grange is fantastic ...the LAST preamp you will ever aspire to, it doesn't get any better!

Regards,

Steve M.
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1146370182&read&3&4&
I have had my Syrah for almost two years now and have had no problems with it except for an intial problem with the fuse in the power supply. Mick told me to get a larger fuse and that solved the problem You also need to get a moving coil cartridge. My moving magnet sounded unlistenable with it. Mick recommended the Denon DL 103 for $200.00 and it sounds unbelievably good.