Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Markxiii,You may want to try apair of Sylvania 6F6G in the regulator position.These are the two tubes closes to the transformer covers.The power supply tube and the regulator tubes work directly with each other.For now I have switched back to the stock tubes.Though I have used the Bendix 6106 and the 6F6G combo to exceptional results.
Hi Stiltskin, I am actually using the Bendix with Sylvania 6F6G's and I like the bass this combo produces, however even though the Sylvanias are quite sweet on top, in my system the treble is still a little too bright. I know it's the Bendix as I don't have this problem with Mullard 5AR4 or any of the 5V4s I tried. The other rectifiers however, have much softer bass. That's why I'm looking for something with superb bass like the Bendix, but with the top end of the Mullard.