Bass amp for a tri-amped system?

Folks,
I have a speaker-required active crossover which feeds the mid/highs to 2, fet input/tube output 200 watt mono amps and the low frequencies to a Belles 350 stereo amp. I'm interested in tightening up the bass a bit and wondering if there is an older amp out there that might replace the Belles. I know the Krells have always had good grip on the bass, but wondering if there is anything else out there. Should I be thinking of any issues? Compatibility?
128x128papermill
I am a stickler for coherent sound. So, I would say the same amplifiers should be used throughout the entire system. I am not sure what you mean by "dynamic resolution", but if you are not happy with the sound while using the same amplifiers maybe you should look elsewhere for the problem. It could be something as simple as cables.
there's a pair of Electron Kinetics Eagle 400 Mono block amps advertized on A'gon. I don't know the seller but the Eagle amps deliver excellent tight bass. Given your system, you may want to send those amps to Russ Sherwood at EKSC to have them checked. You'd probably want to send any old amps in to the Mfg too.
Rrog,
Thanks for your comment. I've had several high-end audiophiles (including a reviewer for DAGOGO) and musicians listen to my set-up.
And I think, again as a result of the outboard active crossover, a lack of coherence has not been an issue. In fact, I've received unanimous compliments.
I'm also fortunate to hear some 6 figure systems and where my humble rig consistently suffers is ultimate articulate, resolving bass. (And maybe my speakers are just not capable).
What I mean by "dynamic resolution", compared to those high buck rigs, mine is a bit sloppy at the lowest of frequencies. Upper bass, lower mids have actually very good resonance and articulation.
As to cabling, I've reworked my entire system with Stealth Indra, Metacarbon, Nanofiber and Air King. The Air Kings are solid silver and I have them connected to the Belles. No comprise there - they are really stunningly transparent.
So short of reconfiguring speakers and amps, which someday, I know I will have to do, my short-term fix/mod might be the bass amp - at least that's what I'm considering. I have no reference for comparison.
And you may be right that I'm chasing a tweak that cannot be enhanced. However, ultimately your advice is sound. thank you.
Just one more note. I've been addressing this issue for about 15 years in this room. I've placed Bass Busters in all four corners along with very careful speaker placement. (Vandersteen, Tannoy, Martin Logan and now Signature- 5 yrs). Amplification has been ARC, B&W, BAT, and now Signature. It could be just the nature of the room which I know will not change.
And with all the upgrades I've made in the last couple of years - the entire front end sources, all cables- interconnects and power. The system has taken several fantastic steps to where maybe the ultimate next step is probably speakers. But that will be for another decade.
Bd,
Thanks,
I'm totally unfamiliar with Eagles. I took the liberty to see them on your virtual system. They look interesting. I'm using 200 watt monos which these mammoth speakers need to sing. I'm actually completely content with my Signature amps - they are really quite wonderfull. The best of both solid state and tubes. Thanks for the suggestion.