Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
richmon:

i believe you can just insert a flat blad screw driver into the gap at the bottom and pry the fuse holder open. you might wanna double check with mick first. obviously, make sure it's unplugged before probing around with a screw driver.
Yep. The plastic fuse holder pops out with a screwdriver. Very simple. The gold fuses from The Cable Company (www.fatwyre.com) are a very worthwhile tweak for $35.
Slipnot1 and Ooslik : Any word yet on what you're hearing with the Revelation Audio Labs umbilical for the Suprateks ?
did a lot of listening this past weekend and I have to say that it's suttle. again the impression I am getting is that the transients are a bit faster with less glare throughout the musical range. Bass seemed to have a bit more slam and kick as well with the overall soundstage being wide and deep. Now it's been about 10 years since i have had a Tube pre...used to own CJ and ARC and listen to a bunch of Macs when I was a Rep working for high end shop in the DC area called Myer Emco. So some of this could be the pre itself coming into it's own......Apparently I was one of the last to get the 1 meter at a decent price I only paid $219 with shipping so I am not disappointed in the purchase. I also did not have any problems with Brad. So I am sorry to hear that others here are having some issues.
I received an email from Brad Sunday 3/11 stating that the umbilical "will be on it's way shortly", apologizing for the "unforeseen delay"..... I will post once it arrives.

On another subject: I just finished replacing the stock feet on both the PS and the head unit with Walker Audio Valid Points and Resonance Discs. Noise floor seems to have dropped another 10-20% over the rubber stock feet.