High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Almost forgot I am using a rel 528 subwoofer for my corner because of my room conditions. I had never had the sub hooked up with the veloce and I know most folks are straight two channel folks but in my room I get just the right amount of the low end to add to my Viennas. The veloce with this stuff mentioned before is good. Great line stage. Great match for the high fidelity cables as well.
@tbg. I got the lsa tube rolled into some NOS Telefunkens today. I'm going to be listening tonight. I will tell you how it sounds tomorrow.
@tbg I put the NOS telefunkens In today and wowww. The more high fidelity ultimate reference I put in the better the LSA performed. It was open detailed strong and powerful. It opened up the midrange. It gave voices a great full sound. Voices were natural and throaty. The speed on the trio stuff was once again on display. The treble decay was once again sweet and extended with great decay. The lsa statement exemplar super mod is a great match for high fidelity ultimate reference. Turns it into a whole other integrated amp. Thanks for your input. I'm thinking about trying a dac the resonessence audio invicta mirus. I will make a decision soon on whether I'm going to try that. @Ddraudt how is it going for you. @ audiolabryinth a I hope we didn't run you off with that tara labs tail between your legs. Lol. Happy listening everyone. Also veloce leaves this weekend. Great piece expensive and worth every penny but I won't be continuing. The demo was great. The veloce ls1 pre amp is world class.
Calvinj, It going great for me audio wise. The music is on and so is my grin. Had a friend over yesterday and we listened to many many types of music. Alternative, metal, rap, spiritual, classic rock, classical music, jazz, blues, reggie, hop hop and more. Enjoyable time.
I got some C37 varnish especially formulated for audio parts in 2 days ago. Developed by Dieter Ennemoser, a Violin maker & player, audio technician, audiophile in Germany. since at least 1998 Dieter has been improving on the product and the latest, ( C 37- 8.9 ) is the best ever. I've painted some on some small parts. WE will test during our Saturday testing session and decide on effectiveness and next steps.
Also, I'm planing a trip to Houston soon to bring some High Fidelity Cables to a number of my audio friends There. I'm having HFC build me a URR power cord and a UR 1M IC. I will bring my UR digital, U speaker cable, my custom 20A URR PC and other CT-1 stuff I have. I might even bring my UR speaker cable and my UR WGPC.
My new amp is almost ready too, With all the parts functioning, we discussed and implemented the final main chassis layout. I'm having all the control switches mounted inside the main unit. This Oddly non commercial design removes over 2 feet of battery current wire. (1/2 a foot less is an audible improvement so 2 feet less is great!) Switches inside is no problem for me becauseā€¦.I never use covers on audio components because it seems to restrict the "OPENNESS" of the sound. Unless you Might have a very tall cover with 8 to 12 inches of empty headroom space. I do internal RF/IF shielding where necessary for "top off" interference issues. [ more secrets reviled].
SO Music makes me happy and is my remedy for the Anguish and Frustrations in dealing with the painful, ugly sides of human nature.
Enjoy the music my friends. That's why we have music.
OOPS, correction Dieter is from Australia but studied violin making in Germany.