NAD 375 or NAIM 5i or NAIM Unite Qute

I inherited the following system:

Arcam alpha 7se CD player

harmon kardon AVR 120

b&w 303 bookshelves

monster power conditioner

It was an HUGE upgrade to what I was using before. Its been a joy listening to music again and exploring the new details and such. It's been 7 months and I've been thinking about where else I can take the sound. It's been fun to learn more about the hobby.

After researching and visiting local audio shops it's become clear that the HK is the weak link. I really only want a 2 channel system. No radio. I'm looking for advice and thoughts on amps. I'm thinking an integrated amp. Although I've never heard tube. These are the two amps I'm looking at now:

NAD 375 (new, $1200 + 13% tax)

Naim Nait 5i (used $850)

Considering Unite Qute

I want to get more out of my b&w's but I'm sure I'll want to upgrade speakers in the next year or two. So I want to be prepared for that with my next amp purchase.

A couple of other things that I've been thinking about is the whole tube option and whether I even want to go down that route. From what I've read it's a warmer sound , which sounds interesting to me. But more money and maybe more maintenance.

Secondly, high res music. I don't currently own any but wow I heard it at one of the shops and I know I'll want to get into that. Should I be considering that in my amp purchase?

-----

My music tastes - from Zeppelin to Elvis, vocals, acoustic, soul, blues, classical , hip hop.

Interested in live sound, 3d imaging sound stage, non fatiguing , joy of listening, soul moving.

Thanks in advance!!
deetothevee
I had the Naim. I know a lot of people like it but I thought it was very overrated. Didn't like it at all. If I were you, I would look into getting a Creek 5350. Its in a completely different league.
Thanks! Do these amps actually have different sounds. I'm so new to this it's a bit overwhelming. I know I will want to upgrade speakers in a year or two. Probably towers. Can you elaborate on the two?
Personally I would be looking at speakers before an amp. I upgraded my amp before speakers just to find out there were much better amps for the speakers.

I had a Denon Pma 700 with Mission/Cyrus 782 speakers. I upgraded the Denon to a Bryston B100. The Bryston was better but not by a lot. Then I upgraded the speakers to Dynaudio C1's. Now that was a huge upgrade and was very happy. My Dyn dealer kept telling how much better a new amp would sound. Well I thought about it for about 2 years thinking it couldn't get that much better than what I had. Then I started thinking about tubes. Finally I asked my dealer to demo an Octave integrated (V80) and it sounded much better at his place but didn't bring the B100 to compare side by side. About a week later he came to my home with an Octave V70se. Before the tubes even were warmed up I knew that was another huge upgrade. About 10 min later when then tubes warmed up I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said I could demo it for a few days but knew right then I wanted it. Yes I did purchase the Octave and still have it.

That being said amps do make a difference but also I learned it was easier to match an amp to speakers than speakers to an amp.

Just my opinion based on my experience - Good Luck
All of these amps definitely sound different from each other. As far as upgrading goes, all of the amps you are looking at will power a wide variety of speakers. They do have some limitations, though. Some speakers demand a lot of power and one of these amps may not be enough. If you have a speaker in mind for a future purchase, you need to make sure whatever amp you get will be a good match. If you haven't decided on speakers, you should have no problem finding something that will work well for you.

Also, with regards to upgrading, the NAD and the Creek I mentioned have a very useful feature. The amp and preamp sections are connected externally with rca jumpers. This allows you to use the unit just as an amp or just as a preamp. If you want to upgrade to a better amp, for example, you're not forced to buy a new preamp as well. You can use the one in your integraded until you are ready to go further.