Tube Amplifier for Thiel

I recently pick up a pair of Thiel CS3.6. As like many reviews online said, they are awesome speakers. I am using Musical Fidelity A5 int amp (200wpc @4 Ohms, 400wpc @8 Ohms) to drive them. I can't say the A5 is not good, but I kind of feel it not quite musical, crispy, fast... These seem to be the strengths I found in most tube amplifiers I have auditioned before. I am thinking of replacing the A5 with a tube int amp; however, I worry that normal tube int amps are not "powerful" enough to drive the big Thiel (I am a bass lover).

I currently have Prima Luna Dialogue 2, Cayin A-100T/A-70T (and probably VTL IT-85) on my list. I would appreciate if some one could comment on these choices. I also welcome any other tube/SS int amp suggestions (even tube pre/SS power amp) in that price range.

Thank you!
unjc
I might ad that the problem with these speakers is that you can buy them for the price of a used chevy but you need ferrari electronics to drive them to sound their best.
Biggest, beefiest Audio Research amp you can afford. Rogue would be an alternative and might come in for less.
They do benefit from an amp that can swing the current down toward the 2 Ohm load range without a hiccup. My choice for CS6's, which are similar in load characterstics to the 3.6s, is to go with a stout FPB series Krell amp. Manley Neo 500s would also work if tubes are what you insist on for these.
Post removed